Music in poker

tipejo767

tipejo767

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many consider that being relaxed is essential for tournaments, music is considered an aid for this purpose? W:confused:hat kind of music would you recommend?

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't mind it as background noise but it becomes a distraction if it up to loud.

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Music is super good for a lot of occupations and has a relaxing properties. Use it)

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That depends on the person, for me, I for the most part just block out the music. I could not even tell you what music was even playing.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is difficult to recommend something because everyone has their own preferences. I usually prefer classical music. But in general, I also believe that music helps the player concentrate.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the tables influence the type of game that will be used but even so there are better influences for each hand the music that I am listening to is classic rock to concentrate

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think its depends on the musical taste of each person, if you think it work for you, so let´s do it, but in some cases could disturb yourself

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I never listen to music while playing. Music distracts me. During the game I try to concentrate as much as possible and that is why I prefer silence.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I very rarely listen to music when I play poker and I don't have a specific direction in music, I listen to the songs I like, regardless of the genre.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to listen to music when I play poker. I think slower, calmer music helps play a lot better than fast music.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am greatly distracted by extraneous sounds. Any sounds, including music. It is especially annoying if someone is distracted by the conversation. You are great if you know how to concentrate on the game.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Music is a very nice and proper companion for the game. Music is maths and poker is maths also, so it is ideal to hear music in the session. I hear good quality artistic music!

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My favorites when I'm playing: Classic Jazz/Mellow Jazz

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
The style of music I choose depends on my mood. But in most cases I prefer radio.
Good luck.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many consider that being relaxed is essential for tournaments, music is considered an aid for this purpose? W:confused:hat kind of music would you recommend?

It generally depends on the person... but... some basic tips

Music without lyrics will usually be better as it doesn't disrupt your thinking

Classic Music is an option --> Search Classical Study Music on Youtube
House/Trance Music is an option --> Search Best House Instrumental on Youtube
Meditative/Zen Music is an option --> Search Meditative Mind on Youtube

I prefer House/Soft House/Deep House at the start of a session to amp me up
& Then I like the meditative styles at the end when I am cooling down from play

That said, if I am playing A TON of tables I usually do no music at all so I can give my full attention. This is also sometimes the case when just one tabling if it's very high stakes poker.

Ultimately it is a personal preference, but I hope those suggestions will help you experiment and find out which is the best option for you!

Cheers! :eek:

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that its depends of the person. Some people listen music when they are playing because they say that the music is for relax. Other people like the silence. I like listen some music when I am playing mlti table :)

Sorry for my english :D

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No music at all. It would be a distraction for me.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is right to choose the music that suits your mood. The advice of other players is not appropriate here. Only you can choose the music that will help your concentration.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
music without lyrics. The best option here I find classical music which is very calm

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I can remember a time or two at Foxwoods the music was 60s to early 70s which brought me back to my high school years. I even danced and swayed in my chair with it as my accompaniment.

Here at home when playing online I'll often find a playlist on YouTube to keep me company and offer me support while I play. My two favorites for this are: the melodic sounds of The Seekers who I've loved since my youth, and the young Quebe Sisters who sing beautifully while playing classic country songs on their violins. I dance in my chair here at home too. :)

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I personally like to listen to music when I play, the music is different depending on the mood, everyone himself finds something that does not distract from the game

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well ... I do not have problems of concentration if I listen to music when I play poker .... of course it is as long as the type of music is not rock ... but listening to bachatas or romantic music if it relaxes me a lot ...!

arashsgr

arashsgr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MUSIC AND POKER TABLE

I myself believe that playing poker requires full attention and concentration, you can not be all goosy and expected to win, you should be fully alert especially at live tables. however, if you get bored a lot maybe some classical music wich the beats of the song are so slow would be recommended thus you get not distracted by that maybe Beethoven or Mozart or bach

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Music is a distraction, I like to hear all the sounds and talk from all
opponits.

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy listening to music with no lyrics so I can focus clearly the most. My favorite genre of music to listen to would be trance because of the beat which makes it easier for me to grind long hours of play.