Multitabling Poker - How Many?

N

NicoSalazar7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really do not understand what's the point of playing with many tables , Nose enjoy the game , I played up to 3 tables and it's hard to concentrate on each, I see that most players play this number of tables to earn quick money, but I see that in the long term is not suitable , nose if I'm on reason but is what I think

H

Halid68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 2 or 3 tables at same time and i think enough for normal people like me hhh ;)

JustBeatIt

JustBeatIt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah if you look at the top screen it appears he has, 6 on each screen on the left side, and 9 per each screen on the right side. Im guessing, 12 cash games and 18 tournaments simultaneously.

That takes some serious focus, definitely not gonna be playing phone games while doing this. =D

C

Chandla

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play 3. your able to still keep an eye on everyone and remain focused instead up not seeing a table and making really fast decisions

J

johnnygadget

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually stick to 1 table at a time. As soon as I start playing more than 1 table I start making mistakes. I do better to stay at one table and keep the feel of the play styles that I'm playing against.

CaioCesar009

CaioCesar009

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play 3-5 tables, you can see more cards to play with and more chance to win

Ljuk358

Ljuk358

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:D

Yeah if you look at the top screen it appears he has, 6 on each screen on the left side, and 9 per each screen on the right side. Im guessing, 12 cash games and 18 tournaments simultaneously.

That takes some serious focus, definitely not gonna be playing phone games while doing this. =D

That was good! :D :D :D

ovidiu9b

ovidiu9b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i never undestood other people playng 10 tables at a time...firstly i can't concentrate at so many and i loose more than half...and seconly i can't see anything , the tables goes too small on my screen :))...so i go about 3-4 tables max

H

heraldyswift

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2-4, i don't want to make many mistakes and its easier to learn more about poker with less table and more time to take notes

S

suricato35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i never undestood other people playng 10 tables at a time...firstly i can't concentrate at so many and i loose more than half...and seconly i can't see anything , the tables goes too small on my screen :))...so i go about 3-4 tables max

The reason is simple... with high volume of tables u'll be less affected by variance, and be able to make a better hourly profit rate. Even if u drop a little the quality on your game, its still worth it.

As an example, if u're able to make $10 dollars profit in each table u play from 1 to 4 tables, if u get 4 u'll make $40 dollars profit. If by opening 4 more tables u won't play your best, but still be able to make $8 per game, by having 8 tables u'll make $64. U have to find the balance between the amount of tables u play without stop profiting more.

As for the monitor size, it is really a problem. A solution for this is to play stacked tables (all tables are on top of the others). This way u can put a huge volume but won't be able to make notes on players or observe their behalf.

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play maximum 4 tables
better play where your concentration limit can follow the game.

trezvennick

trezvennick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends in what I'm playing-if it's cash about 9-10 tables if it MTT or sit&goes no more than 6-if it zoom 2-4 tables

T

touchmytallalla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it should depend from your own comfort. You should add 1-2 tables with time. The gplden midle is 12-16 tables

Speedbruce

Speedbruce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Already played 4 mtt at a time and get ITM in 2. And could be in on another if the river doesn't had killed me. I'm pretty confortable with 4 mtt and can observe almost every hand of them. 5 or more, i think one must play the robot style.

S

Stone Cold Tom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A single table for the best results. 2 is not bad also, only if I have to. 3 tops and that is rare because you can't focus on the other players at the table enough. Anyone playing more than 3 tables at once is not a good poker player. At the end of the day we are talking about POKER here.

S

suricato35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A single table for the best results. 2 is not bad also, only if I have to. 3 tops and that is rare because you can't focus on the other players at the table enough. Anyone playing more than 3 tables at once is not a good poker player. At the end of the day we are talking about POKER here.

Well, I really disagree with you. What u're saying is that 99% of the top players aren't good at poker? Cause you'll rarely see them playing less than 3-4 tables :p

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maximum 4, display size not allowing more

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started playing poker I would play maximum 4 tables(tournaments).But,that rarely happened.Now I usually play 1,sometimes 2 tournaments at the same time.

arty220

arty220

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm comfortable playing 3-4 tables. I am pretty novice player.

SBEP

SBEP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Four tables are were i right now, feeling good while playing them, i am talking with full concentration on all tables, following the action, and players, and its not a big strain, more tables i just can not follow the action, u get pushed to act fast and make mistakes, and lose money, so first get comfy with how many tables that may be, 1 or 2 or 3, and as u get better and better, add +1, and after a while maybe ull get to play as many at one time as the guy on the video u hae posted or why not even as Nanonoko :D

Ljuk358

Ljuk358

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

Thanks guys for your opinions and answers :)

J

Jnuttall26

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never gone over 6. After that. I believe it is to many for myself to control and really focus on the game

Timmah120

Timmah120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I am playing full ring, 4 tables (slower action). If I play 6-max, only 3 tables. Also, I don't mix games/limits. This makes it easier for me to follow the action. If I have to keep thinking about bet sizes/game rules at different limits/games, it becomes too much to think about and still be able to make good decisions.

JusThieF

JusThieF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me whan 3 max 4 ,depends at what tables u play(how many players per table if the amount is low then u got not much time before next move) u can be then focused at the moves u do. if u play at more then this its like teUnit sed autopilot