Multi-tabling / overlapping windows

SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My laptop resolution is not so great, so when I try multi-tabling, they overlap. I can't really shrink them down (hard to see them).
So when I have 3-4 tables going at once it gets crazy. I go to make a raise on one table when suddenly another table pops up. I try to go back to the previous table before I time out, and I go to hit the button, and another table pops up. I've also accidently folded or raised when a table pops up in front.
Sometimes it gets so crazy that I don't have time to think about the best play. I just worry about timing out so much that I make stupid calls, or raises.
Anyone else have this problem? Am I just taking on too much at a time? Whats the secret to multi-tabling?

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Secret:
LARGER MONITOR

or

If you play long enough it will become second nature to you.
It's not that hard if you keep putting in the time.
Patience and Practice.
Build your way up starting with two tables.
Then Three.
4 >>> 5 >>> 6 >>> 7 >>> 8 >>>> ~~~ 12

Just Stick with it ......

Good Luck

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a 15" screen on my laptop and can comfortable tile 4 tables on PS. If you do more than that, you can cascade the windows and the buttons won't overlap. The options for tile and cascade are on the menu bar, I believe under Window for PS.

P

pennnational

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i been playing on ub and screwed my self many times trying to fold at one table anthor pops up to qiuck and as im clicking fold im reraising pot on anthor table so now i make them real small where i can see all 5 or 6 tables

Chronical23

Chronical23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes i've had this problem before as well... my best advice is just practice with it and maybe when clicking a fold bet or raise pause your mouse click for a second to make sure another table doesn't pop up while doing so. it helps me :)

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play on stars just shell out the $30 or w/e for table ninja and you can stack them, i play on a smallish laptop screen and stack 6-10 tables, just literally one on top of the other, table ninja presses the time bank automatically for you so you never get timed out a hand either.

Also if your multi-tabling you need to have a HUD if you don't have one already :D

FEARFACTOR

FEARFACTOR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've had the same problem. It gets crazy sometimes. After too many misclicks from tables popping up unexpectantly, now I click tray icons on the bottom instead of the window itself.

X

Xavier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same problem with this and am looking to buy a bigger screen, so that I can at least fit four tables on to the screen.
I have a 17 inch screen at the moment and the tables are definitely too small if you shrink them to all fit on.
I don't like playing with them stacked in the same place either and it would surely be better to have them all visible at once so you can see whats happening on all tables at any time.
A monitopr 30 inches plus would be great but I'm guessing they're quite expensive.

What is a HUD?

M

MaxiRodriguez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you have a TV with a HDMI input?

If so you could get a DVI/VGA to HDMI adaptor and use your tv as monitor, this would give you more space, and these can picked up at any computer store.

I dont know how easy it would be for you to use your tv as a monitor but it's just an idea.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am worried bout yer guys eyes.

I used to have a normal laptop 14' Dell, and I have never had a problem 4 tabling without overlap and plenty large enough to see.

Now I have a 17' and obv same thing. I never Multi more than 6 (generally no more than 4) at the most, so I can always get all the tables arranged without problems.

And I am old :)

Check into spectacles first