TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just gradually keep adding tables

the other thing you could try is when you are getting close to the end of a tourney add another

try tiling and cascading and see which one is more comfortable

gl,

t

C

CardKiller18

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, if you would try to learn more tables, the only thing you can do is practice. I play 16 tables at once (sng's tho) but i started with to, then 4... when i got used to it 6 etc. But you have to figure adding tables isn't always + ROI% so you have to figure whats best for you!!

Lets us know how it went :)

GOTHEART

GOTHEART

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Remeber that some of us just plain can't play more than 2-4 tables effectively. I can't play more than 4 at a time.
But when I play more than 2, I lose the ability to study and learn how the other players at the table play. And I find that information valuable, so, I usually stick to 2 tables at a time.

Also, make sure you are playing the same game at each table, so your brain does not need to shift gears!

I do enjoy playing multiple sit and go games more than playing multiple cash games.

Good Luck to as you find what works best for you!

L

LDS85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just moved up from 6 to 8 tables. Quite easy. The trick is to not panic and concentrate when you've got a good profiting situation on a table. Let the others time out if it's needed. You can always resume the table after.

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty sure the client doesn't restrict you by IP. It's a local process check since all Merge clients use the same process name -- when client #2 starts it checks for and detects client #1 running and refuses to start. Using 2 computers the processes can't see each other.

The IP issue might show up and cause questions upon withdrawal, but I want to say I remember a Merge skin rep saying one time that as long as no funny business is going on (both in same games, etc.) they won't mind. Can't swear to it though.

Might be worth asking them just to get clearance. That's what I did with both PS and FT when my wife created accounts and wanted to play, sometimes at the same time as me. They were fine with it as long as we abided by the rules against playing with each other in the same ring or STT games. I think they even let you play in the same MTT though as I recall.

+1 this is spot on
You should always check if you're not sure about the rules with anything you do. But there again I don't think Merge would care beyond whether or not you're colluding with yourself. (just sounds nasty) I will remind any who read this that I am talking about two different skins on merge. I do not have multiple account on any site.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, I stand corrected - but should not be an issue now with the BCP move.

I am impressed that you guys are high rolling enough to have two computers dedicated to your online poker. I'd have to cash out all my accounts to get another bottom of the line computer.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am impressed that you guys are high rolling enough to have two computers dedicated to your online poker. I'd have to cash out all my accounts to get another bottom of the line computer.

I have at least 8 in the house, 6 in the same room I play poker from, and I only use 1 for poker. ;)

You can also use VMs on a single computer btw.

B

Blazinmark21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you should try playing a cash game. that should build up your attention span up a little. patience is the key to winning big.

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, I stand corrected - but should not be an issue now with the BCP move.

Still have plenty of other Merge sites

I just happen to have a spare due to my wife getting a laptop. My main computer is 8+years old and running WinXP. :smokin: