Movie about Zeebo and Online Poker Pros (must watch)

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How was this disturbing? Obvioiusly he isn't a perfectly normal person but then who is? Thought the start with the Simpsons stuff was kinda funny given that he's 24 and all but who am I to question what someone wants to do with their own life?

3. Was really put off by the whole "I can send my kids to college. I don't think I need to do anything to benefit society or fellow americans." Seems like a selfish ***** who doesn't care about other people.

umm he's doing what like 90% of the American population (the ones who can find jobs now) are doing. Sure there are doctors and teachers out there but most people are not directly benefitting anyone and even out of the doctors especially a lot of them are just doing it for themselves/their families and any help they give others is pure bonus. For every Zeebo there are thousands working dead end jobs that serve no purpose but to make the boss more money yet it pays the bills and supports a family. What's wrong with that? Sure his wording was a bit off and if you couldn't tell by the rest of the movie he's not exactly the most well-spoken, but you can understand what he's saying and it's the same attitude most people have towards work, only he actually enjoys his.

5. WTF was up with that whole "group buddy poker scene" where they are all in some apartment with their laptops watching each other play, drinking, etc. My main problem is with DJ Sensei (I *was* a fan lol) who was straight up shirtless and drinking. Why on EARTH would you look like that knowing a movie was being made!? And doesn't this seem like the worst party ever?
It wasn't a scene or a party at all, iirc it was footage from the msnl house in Vegas a few years ago. They didn't know it was going to be on a movie they just lived like they normally did that summer and apparently let a camera crew film a little of it. The point is to convey reality, so if he normally is around the house drinking without a shirt why should he change for a documentary?

6. Good ending, glad he proposed and also is actually "helping society" like he said he wouldn't do with the high school math kids.

I definitely agree and especially if he's not enjoying poker as much helping kids with math will probably be very fullfilling to him.

Last edited:
jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched this a couple weeks ago but never posted my thoughts. I think that while this is a description of some people, the vast majority of players are nothing like this and I think it sort of gives poker players a bad rep (although I think mostly poker players will watch this anyway). Despite that, it's an interesting story and take on it.

I think the thing to realize it wasn't poker that destroyed his life, it was addiction. Too much of anything can ruin your life, and he just had a very addictive personality. Better that he got into poker and therefore had the money to get through therapy than if he had gotten into drugs and died imo.

Also, what the F was that girl thinking? "As long as he pays the rent every month I don't want to know how much he's making"??? See how that treats you when 30 years from now you realize he hasn't saved up anything and has barely been squeaking by. She's lucky he was actually making a lot of money.

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I thought the video was great, thx for posting it. Its insane, how he lost 95k in one day and won over 60k in a other day. Crazy to believe that he could lose that much money in one day and still have made over 2 mil since he stared, just amazing. The vid has a nice ending, hope everything goes well for that family.

C

crow27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do some of you think that the guy is *****? The truth is ALOT of people don't like to be in social settings very much. Most of the time they're just called "SHY".
Maybe if more people cared a little more about their OWN family and lives instead of sticking their nose everywhere else, their lives might be a little happier.
And just for the record I couldn't give 2 shits about most people that I run into any given day, but I never and will never have to be asked to help my family or VERY few friends any time they need it.

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Awesome video. I liked the way they produced the film and the way his story was told. Really well done from what I was expecting.

Disturbing? No, not really. Honestly it was more sad than disturbing, and more interesting than sad. I'm glad that guy has that girlfriend, because I'm not sure who the hell else was gonna take care of him.

There are a lot of different people out there. Sure he's at one extreme, but it's cool to see he found a place to fit in. I'm sure he easily could have ended up shuffling down the streets, mumbling conspiracy theories to himself, and rummaging through trash cans for food or treasure maps. He could have ended up in a straight jacket for life, or god know's what else. All which would have actually been a lot more disturbing to me.

I enjoyed it....and WOW, those online pros in that house were A LOT different than what the average citizen would stereotype a top professional poker player as.

P.S. Ice, any links to other video's like this?

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting video. This guy is a very good poker played but has some negative features too. But thats cool. We are not the same. :)

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
argg cant watch it havent got no sound on my computer :(:(:(

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea not so sure bout the disturbing part, the guy was just anti-social

Overall great watch

U

upperdawg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he needs 2 make a ankour out of his computer,then leave the house n get a life.to each his own....:eek: