Mouthy losing players

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More of an observation than a vent so I put it here instead of BBV...

Anybody else notice how 50NL on FT is becoming infested with mouthy jerks who enjoy criticizing others' play lately? I mean more so than the usual whining after a bad beat.

I've been playing daily there now for about a month or so, 4-6 tabling the Deep tables for an hour or so each evening. In the past week or two there's been a bunch of mouthy players who just have to go off in chat about how bad others are playing. The funny (and not so surprising) thing is, when you look up their stats, these are losing players and the ones they criticize are usually winning players. For example, last night this guy goes all Helmuth on me for 3-betting him off a flop after I pfr+cbet (I had AQ and flopped AQx), saying crap like "I swear, will these idiots never learn" and "it's always the same s*** with these idiot players." I don't usually get into chat but was curious what his problem was with my play, so I replied "lol, ok, please educate me." To which he replied "why should I help the dead money?" LOL.

In between hands I turn around to my laptop to look him up on PTR, and he's -$1600 over 267K hands, plus a -76% tourney ROI. I don't have nearly that number of hands on FT, having just started playing 50NL there (before I had only played MTT/SnG's on FT), but despite a rough start (had a hard time adjusting to ring on FTP for some reason) and a recent downswing, I've still managed to maintain 2.61 BB/100 and a modest profit after 8K hands. You'd think with so many hands under his belt, he would have more of a clue, both about how to play, as well as how the regs most likely know a thing or two about stats and how to look people up who draw attention to themselves.

After I pointed out how funny it was that the mouthy ones lately are losing players, and noting his total hand count, he didn't responded or never said another word after that.

That's the 3rd or 4th time in about a week that a similar thing has happened, all with different players mouthing off and then being called out on their stats, after which they shut up. I now make it a point to keep PTR up on the laptop behind me just so I can quickly scope these jerks out. So far, with all but one exception, they've been overwhelming losers. Normally I usually keep this info to myself to use against them during play, but when they become overly obnoxious and berate everybody else at the table, I find it hard to keep my own mouth shut.

Do these yahoos not even realize there are sites that compile stats on players??? You'd think someone with 260K hands would have some sort of clue, not to mention some degree of skill and an ability to lose gracefully. I know Helmuth doesn't often lose gracefully but at least he has some degree of skill, however narrow it may be according to many.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PEOPLE WHO ARE LOSING MONEY ARE PISSED AT THERE SELFS,SO TO THINK THERE GOING TO BE NICE TO THE PERSON WHO TOOK IT?

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PTR? - jus found out on google that PTR = PokerTableRatings.com.
Looks like some decent toolage.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OP, sounds like you are no better than the people you are complaining about. Also guys like you, that go look at the stats and tell the other guy how howrrible his stats are, are probably worse. That's how OPR almost got shut down.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OP, sounds like you are no better than the people you are complaining about. Also guys like you, that go look at the stats and tell the other guy how howrrible his stats are, are probably worse. That's how OPR almost got shut down.
Whoa, chief, back up. No better, eh? I'm probably worse? Do you think I'd be pointing it out here if that were the case? Nice snap judgment you made there, fella, I sure hope you read other players at your table better than you read me.

If you actually read and comprehended my post, I don't look up stats just to tell a guy how horrible he is. But when I see somebody making a jackass of themselves and acting like a know-it-all bully, I do like to know if they're just arrogant but good, or a hypocritical ass who is seeking to appear to be better than the sad failure he actually is. In every case but one that I was referring to, it was the latter. And even then I don't normally point it out, as I noted, but in this case I wanted to shut him up. And it worked. In another specific case I mentioned, it wasn't me who called them out but another player. But everyone sure seemed to get a kick out of it.

You can be be arrogant all day long if you can back up your talk, I don't care (although I still think it makes you a *****). But otherwise, if you're going to try and bully/harass other people, you better have your s*** together or else you can expect to be called out and put in your place.

To be perfectly clear: I have nothing against losing players. #1, that's why I'm there, to profit from them. #2, I was a losing player for probably longer than I've been a winning player. I just dislike a**holes.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whoa, chief, back up. No better, eh? I'm probably worse? Do you think I'd be pointing it out here if that were the case? Nice snap judgment you made there, fella, I sure hope you read other players at your table better than you read me.

If you actually read and comprehended my post, I don't look up stats just to tell a guy how horrible he is. But when I see somebody making a jackass of themselves and acting like a know-it-all bully, I do like to know if they're just arrogant but good, or a hypocritical ass who is seeking to appear to be better than the sad failure he actually is. In every case but one that I was referring to, it was the latter. And even then I don't normally point it out, as I noted, but in this case I wanted to shut him up. And it worked. In another specific case I mentioned, it wasn't me who called them out but another player. But everyone sure seemed to get a kick out of it.

You can be be arrogant all day long if you can back up your talk, I don't care (although I still think it makes you a *****). But otherwise, if you're going to try and bully/harass other people, you better have your s*** together or else you can expect to be called out and put in your place.

To be perfectly clear: I have nothing against losing players. #1, that's why I'm there, to profit from them. #2, I was a losing player for probably longer than I've been a winning player. I just dislike a**holes.

LOL, this makes you look better how?

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
*sigh*

You're right. I'm an idiot. I give up. I would say more but then I'd be playing right into your troll. Apparently you think I'm talking about you or a relative or something.

Mods, close or move or whatever. It's pointless trying to make an observation calling out immature jerks, without being labeled one yourself.

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PTR? - jus found out on google that PTR = PokerTableRatings.com.
Looks like some decent toolage.

It has the potential to be, but for now it misses lots of hands, which kind of destroys the whole premise.

Chat: off.

Grind: on.

:)

This is the best advice. I have chat turned off when I play. All chat does is divide your attention.

DaBigBoss

DaBigBoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wth? This forum is for the improvement and support of cc cardplayers.....

Don't sweat it man , I understood you loud and clear!;)