most successful cardschat member?

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know plenty of MTT players ranging from averagely to very profitable. There are plenty of regs on every site making good money from MTTs. IMO MTTs are more profitable than cash, mid/high stakes regs play a bunch of tables and as you move up and there's less table choice tables become more and more reg filled. While there are some tournies which are reg filled its easy enough to game select with the choice out there.

What rake insanity are we talking about? Are you sure your not referring to micro/low stakes cash games? MTTs have like 10% rake, that's hardly ridic high. Structures tend to be good, very good if you game select, shit if you play live but lol at the idea of playing live MTTs for a living. Very very few people do it and most who do only start once they've had a big score I imagine.

Disadvantageous staking agreement/make up is really vague, not all staking agreements are bad. Most are if you play for a living but only up to/after a certain stage, they can still be very useful and if you agree to a bad staking deal you're an idiot. There's staking in cash games too with makeup so you know

Volatility is the main problem with MTTs but thats easily countered by just playing serious volume which you should be doing if you play cash.

There's a VERY select portion of the cash community who play ridic high stakes cash and basically just bum hunt fish either in funny games like Razz or heads up, but play lower than that and tables are just reggy and shit and boring. MTTs are ****ing awesome

try www.razzledazzle.com for your online razz needs

1) LOL at totally ignoring live play...especially with regards to this discussion. If you look at the stakes people are playing live versus online on here, its clear a lot of the money being made by pros/REgs in the poker world is live. I know ive played only midstakes live and made in the 5 figures...

2) LOL at thinking MTTs are more cash lucrrative than cash; no one believes that with any knowledge of the poker economy; that is sort of a "the world is flat" statement. There is definitely more money for mediocre players in MTTs than in cash...especially those who choose to only play NLH, but....that doesnt mean there isnt more cash for the elite players in cash. Arent we talking MOST successful anyway?

3) The rake is horrible at the micros, but not bad at all at low/low mid stakes for the 99.9% of successful players who have rakeback/bonuses and or Supernova/Stars VIP deals....in fact its great for them.

4) Lol at you talking about the cash games being boring...the discussion is about cash...not enjoyability. We get it, you cannot beat online cash, and its no fun playing a lot of taggy regs. I actually agree and Id get killed at even 100NL over time probably...so what. That doesn't mean people arent making a great hourly nitting it up, table selecting and with great rakeback deal plus volume.

Money is money....

5) Lol at your disparaging remarks about mixed games....those "funny" games are often the most lucrative on the internet hand for hand, and it isnt bum hunting to play them, IT IS SMART gambling.

At some point a lot of the poker public forgot/never learned that poker is about making money, and to make money YOU WANT to play worse players are the highest stakes possible.

Obviously those games offer that opportunity in a lot of cases.....

THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF GAMBLING FOR MONEY!!!

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I checked out the post of "Record of Big Wins",,, that's some pretty impressive stuff,,, thanks for the info.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pascal-1:razz-0

Ya, bc I knowz a lot profitable mtters...is a great argument.

How about the fact that half the MTTers on the circuit are backed by cash players...lol.

Its so silly to even be arguing this; it isnt even close.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
live mtts arent the most common form of MTT, nor is live cash the most common form of cash

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Ya, bc I knowz a lot profitable mtters...is a great argument.

How about the fact that half the MTTers on the circuit are backed by cash players...lol.

Its so silly to even be arguing this; it isnt even close.
Can you link a source to this fact, it would make interesting reading.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Certainly would (says she who probably knows wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more live mtt players than he does)

shamanalix

shamanalix

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any wsop, WPT, or WSOP-C winners among the regular forum members? Even winning a preliminary event on any of the tourney circuits is awesome. Including Heartland, European, Asian, etc. A win's a win! Nothing beats live big-tourney play.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yes, bc poker staking is quite a well documented, open and public subject usually covered by peer reviewed literature which would serve as a meaningful source..

Guys, if you want to believe the earth is flat, im not going to break my back to convince you it is round.

Believe me...this is common knowledge within the professional poker community; it isnt even like debatable/debated.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, bc poker staking is quite a well documented, open and public subject usually covered by peer reviewed literature which would serve as a meaningful source..

Guys, if you want to believe the earth is flat, im not going to break my back to convince you it is round.

Believe me...this is common knowledge within the professional poker community; it isnt even like debatable/debated.

The "fact" that 50% of MTTers are backed by cash players is debatable because it's not a fact. Where have you got this figure from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea kind of funny that I live in that world and have loads of close friends who play professionally and semi-professionally. None of them are backed by cash players. Guess everyone I know falls in the other 50% - probably not.

But then again - have to remember you were off track in this thread from the start. It was about CC members - not mtt players on the circuit. :p

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nobody ever staked me for poker. They thought I was a vampire once tho.......:eek:

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This thread is a huge level of lols.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The "fact" that 50% of MTTers are backed by cash players is debatable because it's not a fact. Where have you got this figure from?

Its called hyperbole guys.....lol.

This thread is a perfect example of why arguing on the internet is usually a waste of time.

People just glomb onto some irrelevant/trivial point and beat it to death..often times misunderstanding the original meaning if it at the same time.

I hate going out late a night; half the time I get trailed by police....

OMAGGGZZZZ, NOW WAYYYZX YOU GET TAILED WEXACTLY 50%.....NO WAY, YOURE WRONG, OWPWNED.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you are yet to give any accurate or logical opinions other than "its common knowledge"

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are yet to give any accurate or logical opinions other than "its common knowledge"

Oh you mean as opposed to the MTT side....lol.

Yes, I mean Dakota knows some people that are semipros!!!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh you mean as opposed to the MTT side....lol.

Yes, I mean Dakota knows some people that are semipros!!!

Stop being an ass and a troll in this thread. If you can't control yourself stay out of it. Now - there is something that is definitely not up for debate.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quick calc of posters ITT show a 10-1 edge for folks who DO NOT KNOW that 'Common Knowledge'.

Which puts it into the category of common knowledge amongst those who know the secret handshake and the phrase of the day.:confused:

S

spstevens

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Heard he blew it all on booze & hookers. :icon_chee

Seems more like an investment in wild memories that the most of us fellows ponder about and just move on IMO.