Most profitable starting hand

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this doesnt make any sense card are cards to me any cards can be the most profitable....22 can beat AA by hitting a 2 there is no guarantee that is why it is still gambling....lol

The op question was which hand is the most profitable. Therefore AA will be the most profitable in most peoples database if they have played a relevant sample of hands. Your reply infers that 22 has as much chance of beating AA and is therefore as profitable, hence the perplexed responces by Vanq and Chuck. But we all know, that you know, that 22 is not going to win anywhere near as much as AA right? :D

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's probably because in the $10NL or $25NL it's hard to get someone off an ace preflop, even with a decent size raise. I would bet it would be higher on the lists the higher stakes you go to.
That would explain why some have it as number 2, but others have it much lower.
Presumably that will often correlate to whether they mainly play ring or tourney.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He's implying that your post really makes no sense, and it doesn't.

I'm honestly a little surprised if you don't understand why 22 won't win as often, or for as much, as AA will...nor do I understand why you're playing poker if you think what you said in the above quote is true...

Maybe I should stop playing poker......

I wont Im not implying that through statistical evidence just one time events but I obviously did not give the man the info he wanted and he told me that so i should be alright, but maybe i should quit lol

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The op question was which hand is the most profitable. Therefore AA will be the most profitable in most peoples database if they have played a relevant sample of hands. Your reply infers that 22 has as much chance of beating AA and is therefore as profitable, hence the perplexed responces by Vanq and Chuck. But we all know, that you know, that 22 is not going to win anywhere near as much as AA right? :D

`
exaactly and I totaly understand what you all are saying and I my self knew that already...like i said to chuck i think i was narrowing my thinking to one hand sry guys, but thanks for the criticism i enjoy good annd bad criticism lol

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yeah that was the exact point of the question and thanks for some good answers. The main point of the question was to see how I value hand and how other people do and the difference.

This hopefully will help me make my 6 euros grow :)

In fact its thanks to your answers I have that (though I should have had more, different story for different forum).

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mine are a little odd (only NL25 hands ~11,000 total):

By net won
AKo
AA
AQs

The real surprise to me was that I am DOWN 10 cents with KK!!! I've had KK 52 times over this sample and have run into AA 3 times (and stacked off every time). I've also stacked off with KK against a set of 10s twice and set of 6s. I need to start folding KK preflop.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The real surprise to me was that I am DOWN 10 cents with KK!!! I've had KK 52 times over this sample and have run into AA 3 times (and stacked off every time). I've also stacked off with KK against a set of 10s twice and set of 6s. I need to start folding KK preflop.
Yes, 44 is a bit of a surprise, too.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One huge hand where I flopped quads and 2 people went all-in (150bb total) in front of me helped to bring 44 to the top 5.
Yes, I suppose that when you have a much bigger sample a lot of these irregularities would disappear...

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA
QQ
KK
JJ
AJs
AKs
T9s

(only 41k hands, however)

P

poker1610

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA, of course

AA looks a lot better heads-up than AA against 7 callers pre-flop.

100,000 Hands -- AA starting hand
==========================
2 players -- 90.0% win
3 players -- 87.5% win
7 players -- 80.1% win

How many times have you seen 5 callers pre-flop then have the BB
raise with AA only to get them cracked?

The 100,000 hands against 7 players is based on the other 6 players having totally random starting hands. Imagine what the win rate is against the other 6 players have premium (or semi-premium) starting hands?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA looks a lot better heads-up than AA against 7 callers pre-flop.

100,000 Hands -- AA starting hand
==========================
2 players -- 90.0% win
3 players -- 87.5% win
7 players -- 80.1% win

How many times have you seen 5 callers pre-flop then have the BB
raise with AA only to get them cracked?

The 100,000 hands against 7 players is based on the other 6 players having totally random starting hands. Imagine what the win rate is against the other 6 players have premium (or semi-premium) starting hands?

Your numbers are way off.

AA against 6 random callers is no better than 44% to win. D/l Pokerstove to run the numbers for yourself.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands