The most essential quality of a poker player?

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
patience, emotional control, insight, good random predictability, developing and executing winning strategies, ability with incomplete calculations, knowing how to call luck to your side, knowing how to confuse your opponents, learning from your mistakes and avoiding repeating the same mistakes for a long time

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For example, for me... The best quality of a player is a stone face which allows me to be strong in poker for a long time
Hi :)
The most important qualities of a player, in my opinion, are patience, discipline and perseverance. Without these qualities, it is impossible to achieve a good result.

jonasz warzecha

jonasz warzecha

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
patience will put you in the place when you can gain experience

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There is no correct answer. Almost every post here is valid, but you need all these skills in spades! Only possessing 1 skill just isn't enough!

neptunas888

neptunas888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
For me, the best quality of a good player is not to tilt when losing a stack

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the ability to be patient and to fold good hands when you think you are beat.

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Patience, because without it you won't survive the loss streak.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Prudence. If you lose your sanity for a moment and switch to emotions, then it won't end well.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think discipline, patience and composure are very important qualities for a poker player.

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Do not express gestures or make unusual movements when you make a bet and have a good hand or bluff

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think that an important quality is discipline as I see professionals. I also imagine that the study is also.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think the key word is balance. Don't play too tight, don't play too aggressive, use both intuition and mathematics, be bold but be careful. Not easy...

P

pokfaq

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
patience and frustration tolerance are key competence for any pokerplayers. specially when playing mtt. And ofc a strong bubbel so you dont miss any hands ;D

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The most important qualities for a poker player are patience, discipline, and determination. And experience is also desirable.

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The most essential quality is the peace of mind that will lead you to make big decisions and you will be able to demonstrate your best poker in tournaments.
Are you saying that a player must have these qualities, or that you do? Because we know that the second option is not true.

W

watermark

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience, intuition, self-control, decision and something that cannot be lacking is a lot of knowledge, and that is achieved by reading and practicing.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be Patient , develop no ego, being able to fold a hand that is obv a loser, tilt and self control. Willingness to learn and develop one’s ability

MathMDI

MathMDI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
For me, the greatest quality is being patient and having a lot of patience.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The most essential thing is to study this game and not enter with the thought of seeing if it works, this is a piece of advice for those who are at the beginning of the game