like on cash game , 100 bb in cash and 100 buy-in in MTT

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i prefer 100 buy-ins to tournaments,150 buy-ins sit&gos,100+ buy-ins cash games.

TudorPithon

TudorPithon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
i think 50$ will be ok , depends what u want to play anyway

P

procuroralex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
100 $ is enough to start a career

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A simpler scheme is 10% of the bankroll. On the game on tables with cash, for example, $ 1 with $ 10 bankroll, the tournament too. At a high cost, think about what bankroll is needed. The simplest is how much you can afford to lose.

N

NikitaShek

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
300-400 buy-ins to tournaments (MTT)
30-40 buy-ins for cash games

D

Denver225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to rise quickly up the limits, and you have another main income supports your financial life and you mogere in case of loss to replenish the bankroll eschei can.you can try Aggressive bankroll
for cache 15-25 buy-ins, tournament buy-ins 50-70 for sng50 buy-ins.that is, if it is necessary нл5 75-125$ 1 tournament$ have 50-70$, etc If you have difficulty with loss of part of your bankroll then the best would be to cache a minimum of 30 buy-ins for tournaments of 100-200 buy-ins, buy-ins for sng100 better..slowly but surely up the stakes
If you treat poker as a job and the main income of it and only the loss will mean your financial position in the future, it is best to stick to very hard bankroll for cash at least 70 buy-ins for tournaments 200-300 buy-ins for sng200-250 buy-ins its limit...as there are large drawdowns in a long period time..

Last edited:
OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
30-50 buyins for cash games, probably 100 buyins for MTTs because of the increased variance.

If you treat the theory: 200bi for sng, 100bi for mtt, 50bi for cash

I'm not sure I understand... obviously from the above I agree with you when it comes to having more for MTTs than cash games, but why double again for SNGs?!? MTTs are as high-variance as poker gets, it's not like SNGs require additional protection from that.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
30-50 buyins for cash games, probably 100 buyins for MTTs because of the increased variance.

I'm not sure I understand... obviously from the above I agree with you when it comes to having more for MTTs than cash games, but why double again for SNGs?!? MTTs are as high-variance as poker gets, it's not like SNGs require additional protection from that.

Here you can talk about it for a long time, but I said above that it is in theory why the sng need more buy-ins, it's simple, because the time spent on the game shorter, and from this it follows that drawdowns may be deeper. But this is my subjective opinion.:listen:

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here you can talk about it for a long time, but I said above that it is in theory why the sng need more buy-ins, it's simple, because the time spent on the game shorter, and from this it follows that drawdowns may be deeper. But this is my subjective opinion.:listen:

I don't see how the games being shorter makes a difference though?

You can play a much higher volume of games playing STTs / SnGs as opposed to MTTs but that doesn't affect the number of buyins you need, or the relative variance of those games.

C

Cazador twd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with a very small bankrol is better to play fewer tournaments offered even purchase satelites, also is good choice to play freerolls to increase your bankrol

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in the first line it should be the amount that you can take from your family budget so that it does not hurt! well, as many here said it is 150-200 buy-in for mtt and 50-70 buy-in for cash games.
however, be prepared for the fact that until you improve your game, you can lose everything by playing even by keeping bankroll management

rodrigo1972

rodrigo1972

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me the minimun bankroll is 50$ if you want to play 0.50 Sng or cash nl2

filipks665

filipks665

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you are new player that you should not but more than a minimum amount, just until you get to know a game and still with the minimum amount and bonuses you can play a lot of tournaments and start your poker bankroll:)

Milosika1991

Milosika1991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, $ 50 is enough to see how you stand in poker :D

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management