Minimum age to play poker

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to make a distinction between poker as a card game and poker as gambling.

I would encourage children of teenagers to play the card game, but prevent them from playing for money.
I cannot say when your sister can play for the real money, but she needs a protection of an adult, maybe her brother ,
till at least reaching 18.
Protection from getting into habit of gambling.
Threr are the sites like Replaypoker where one can play for playmoney only.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Minimum age to play poker; I know it must be of legal age; but I taught the holdem rules for my sister 15 years and how to play. Now this just playing better than me when we play at home playing. but I do not know if I should encourage her to play but seriously for being too young

You had me until the first but. Do you feel it is important to impress on your sister that the rules do not & should not apply to her because.............? :confused:

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fact that your sister has learned to play poker well is wonderful. This situation needs to be considered from two sides. Firstly, this means that your sister shows the ability to learn, analyze acquired skills and apply them. These abilities need to be developed, but not in the field of poker. Find a hobby that she will be interested in in real life, which she will learn from childhood, going the difficult way and acquiring skills, for which she will subsequently receive good money at work, because if this is not done already at the current stage, then you can really break further life believe me. At her age, it may seem to her that she should not strive for anything, because why go a long and difficult way if you can get what you want now in poker. This is the second. The minimum age for playing poker, it seems to me, should not start from adulthood, but from the moment when a person starts earning enough for a living. In an unformed psyche, an incorrect idea may initially develop in which the desired, as it seems to them, can be obtained much faster and more easily. Gambling is not just forbidden to minors, and even coming of age is not an indicator, but it is not possible to individually track each person, therefore a certain basic count is taken, which, as practice shows, is very loyal.

A

ayt183

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in poker you need to constantly improve your skills and it is easier for young people to learn and remember a lot of information so now there are a lot of young talented players . Of course everything must be within the law

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In encouraging her to play I don't see any problem, but the age of majority to be able to play poker in clubs or poker rooms I think is correct because it is not just a game, so everyone has to take responsibility for their actions.

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you play freerolls, or for free chips, then your sister can start learning. If you play for money, then I think you need to start at 21 when you consciously start thinking.

A

axel142

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
think that at 18. When you are younger, even if you understand the game, you may make bad decisions, like believing that it is a good idea to make a deposit of 200 dollars with your father's credit card hahaha ;D

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To play with real money, you have to be 18 years, but can play pokerstars.net for example, which is fictitious money, I played there before learning to play.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To play poker there is no age, I learned to play when I was 13 years old and I have been playing since then, there is no problem with that. Now the issue is when you want to play poker for real money being a minor, of course, obviously you can't. Maybe you should lend your accounts to see what happens

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think online website require 18+ years old. I started poker at 15 but i started online poker till 19.