Did Mike "the crotch" Postle cheat?

M

Maybachs600

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I want to know what users on CC think about the Postle allegations. If he did cheat that would mean he has an accomplice(s).

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
His accomplice was the pit boss, who even interviewed him. Was about as lamest 10 minutes of footage I've ever viewed. Guilty, the both of them. Take a few lines from Beer For My Horses:

"A man had to answer for the wicked that he done,
Take all the rope in Texas find a tall oak tree,
Round up all them bad boys hang them high in the street,
For all the people to see."

M

Maybachs600

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now "the crotch" is suing a slew of Poker names like Negraneau and Polk and Ingrim along with the blond bimbo from the Stones poker room that blew the whistle. Postle's lawsuit continuously allows new defendants to be added -- seeking damages onwards of 330 million dollars.

Talk about high stakes!

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Postle should have walked away after he got a favorable ruling from the judge
Instead he counter sues , makes me sick
If you review Polk and Joey channel analyzing the hands there’s no doubt he cheated with help.
He’s lucky he was not playing in the Wild West era when card cheats were shot at

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the blond bimbo from the Stones poker room that blew the whistle.

Her name is Veronica Brill and she is actually quite smart.

From what I hear Postle had access to the computer in the control room. He could have in theoretically put a program on to the computer that would relay the cards to him without needing an accomplice.

I am just speculating though as I wasnt there and I do not want to be added to the list of defendants.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
definitely cheating, there is no way he can play perfect poker all the time

from watching ingrams's videos, that is insanely impossible

cheater

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All of this is sad and just gives people more ammunition against poker and the 'degenerates' that play it.

He obviously cheated (not up for debate no matter what he says) - that he gets away with essentially theft on a massive scale and is actually looking to profit further really speaks volumes about how messed up things are.

Stones' and Postle's reputations are in tatters - no self-respecting poker player should ever again trust them with a cent of their business.

M

Maybachs600

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This entire situation with Mike "the crotch" Postle really goes to show everyone who the poker community is proliferating with conmen and criminals. If Mike Postle wanted to argue his innocence, the best way of him doing so would be to take a polygraph test.

If Mike was really in cahoot with someone in the control room that would give him access to the whole cards, then ideally it would of made sense for Postle and any of his co-conspirators to create a bigger buy-in game

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does santa claus have a big white beard??
could Frank Ifield yodel??
is trump a compulsive liar??
did john holmes have a large ( thats enough...ed..)

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If possible, give a link to the commented material. So that people who did not know about this scandal could personally watch or read the material about this incident.

M

Maybachs600

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mike Postle should be the face of that Ponzi scheme which goes by the name of Pokerbros.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course he cheated. Its very obvious to anyone with a minimum of understanding of the game. The civil lawsuit against him was dismissed, because it was considered a gambling dispute, and californian courts dont get involved in such. Its a little strange, that the lawyer filing the case did not know that in avance.

M

Maybachs600

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am surprised Mike "the crotch" didn't gear himself up with some Google Glass.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Of course he cheated. Its very obvious to anyone with a minimum of understanding of the game. The civil lawsuit against him was dismissed, because it was considered a gambling dispute, and californian courts dont get involved in such. Its a little strange, that the lawyer filing the case did not know that in avance.

Correct. Further to that, another poster (zinzir) and myself posed from the outset the case would prove difficult.

The suspicions were aired in public then tried in the 'court of Joey Ingram', a very silly move. By that time Postle and associate(s) had ample time to dispose of physical evidence. The police/FBI had not been approached regarding employing the possibility of a sting operation which is why, weeks later (if approached at all) they likely declined to get involved. They knew physical evidence was an issue.

Further to that, if the case had ever been presented to a jury (another matter which remained unclear) there were countless hours (hundreds) of the commentary team, including Veronica Brill at times, stating over and over again what a brilliant player Mike Postle was.

However, the case was not a total waste of time as the poker community was made painfully aware this type of stunt could be pulled with lax security. The other lesson being this was of course completely the wrong way to handle such a situation. Bring any and all suspicions to the police/FBI first and let them decide how to proceed.

M

Maybachs600

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@DS3 is very right in his assessment. He is even more right about how making a criminal case against Mike Postle would be difficult to do with all of the incessant fanfare by Veronica Brill, and that there would need to be electronic evidence and something beyond hearsay and sour grapes to even get a search warrant, never mind an arrest warrant.

I am more curious as to who he was working with since there is no possible way he could of pulled this off himself.