Mid-Late Tourney Play

sms3484

sms3484

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to the site but love reading the threads here.

I have a question for everyone about how they play in MTT's to (theoretically) sail through the bubble. In my case, say I'm playing a 180 person SnG, which I do a lot. I usually play the first hour great, getting an above average stack. Today for example, I was 15/150 people after 20 or so minutes.

In these tournies, 18 people get paid, and I almost always make it to just around 30ish before it turns rotten. I went from being 15th/150 to about 25th/50 to about 30th/35, and this happens to me constantly! I know I play a bit too tight in the middle of the tourney but it seems like if I try to loosen up other people can somehow read this and take advantage of it! Then after being whittled down by missing flops or increasing blinds, I take a stab at getting back in the action and lose my stack which is usually short by this point.

I imagine this is a somewhat common occurance...So what do you guys do to sail past this part of a tourney?

riffpoker

riffpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well one thing you can do is get a read on who the tight/or conservative people are at the table. Then when they are in the blinds shove hard if you have no raises ahead of you and steal them blinds boyo. Any 2 cards works in this position if you wait for the right conditions. Just another edge to add to your play.

Peace.

F

fastplay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once the blinds get up there, you gotta take some chances. Pick your spots. Go for the blinds/antes. I will raise from LP with alot of hands.