redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Poker Fans,

I have played poker for many years and although I wanted to make money, there was no effort to study and review my hands. As a result, I spent many years winning money and losing everything. Even after I completed the 30-Day Poker School, variance or tilt would get me eventually. It was only after I set poker goals, that I began to see progress and started moving up in stakes. I now have a $100 bankroll and hope to move up to $200 soon so that I can pay to play $2.00 Multi-table tournaments.

The path to progress in poker is different for everyone, so I invite you to share - "What made a breakthrough for you in the game of poker".

I took the 30-Day Poker School Course

Set a poker goal to play only freerolls until I had a $100 bankroll

Set another goal to finish in the top 70% of the field in at least 50% of the tournaments that I play.

See my Zero Bankroll Builder Challenge - feel free to subscribe and share your goal link with me, so we can cheer each other on.

Now, I have decided to try to participate in the Team League matches at least twice each year. Being the Captain of a team is a very rewarding process - I enjoy it a lot!

So poker fans, share your breakthrough moments here :)

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Awesome man, way to go. (y) Keep up the good work and your eye on the prize.
I myself have stepped up my game a bit. It's no longer just fun and games anymore. It's bill $, gas $, and food... LOL. So, I empathize w/you on setting and reaching goals. Don't get me wrong, I still have fun, every time I drag in a pot. I'm really having fun being my own boss, though. That is a definite plus. GL.

gupiel0k69

gupiel0k69

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Congratulatios mate, i am trying to do the same you did right now. GL on your journey!

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Good luck!
Tournaments at that buy-in level require patience, you will find many calling stations. Most players don't think beyond level two. if they are in the pot, they have some board connection and in general won't fold. bluffing becomes less optimal, these players like to see showdowns.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Very good my friend, I hope you dedicate yourself more every day and manage to achieve your results. Gl

Jocore

Jocore

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
NL
Chips
Nice to read your story and great work!
It inspires me to create a path with goals for myself. Now i play some games of everything without goals (yeah only winning ofcourse 😛) and than i reconige something from your story its winning and than losing a lot withoutbuilding up something.
I think its something i miss.
Thanks for inspiring me!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It's good that you learn from your mistakes, draw conclusions and try to become better. I think you are on the right track!!!