To make an omelet you need to break the eggs.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
online poker has already gone through many years of trials and tests from different perspectives and points of view.
Here at cardschat, hot topics such as bot cheating and irregular use of support software are a constant, not to mention the "evaluation" of results compared based on your playing style, which according to commentators constitutes a super user.
The last part is quite funny considering that losing for a long period while playing in an acceptable way does not attract attention, but winning and overlapping the luck curve in specific periods attracts a lot of attention.
The intellectual study of poker has been so in-depth that many forget the luck or intuition factor. We will find different styles of players being winners without needing to fit into a style pre-defined by the GTO, this is not just about intellect but about the personal journey of each player and about their path and their personal legend.
Now it's strange that players are apprehensive when news about bots and other cheating schemes comes out, because what we really want to see is transparency, and I don't see any perfect transparency, when news about bots leaks in the rooms it's a good sign of transparency , I understand that criticism must be made, but the most important thing is that ideas emerge on how to combat cheaters.
Do not feel unfair or victims of the circumstances of online poker, as this will happen in all fields of life and all professions and competitions, this is not just a demerit of our category, if you pay attention the world and life will be unfair in any and all areas. Now the point is not to be complicit in this and do our best and always continue to be honest about what we practice and what we want for ourselves.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's really bad to see news about cheating in poker, it takes away poker's credibility as a high-intellect game just like chess, so yes I agree that cheaters should be reported and new ways to combat cheating should be created especially online .

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This feels a lot like a long post about nothing. There will always be opportunities to cheat somehow in online poker. There will always be cheaters as long as there is an opportunity to cheat. Sites won't want to be transparent about the extent of it because it scares away customers and necessitates accountability for confiscated funds. There will always be die hard believers that everything is alright and all you need is the poker skillz to make it big. The online poker economy depends on it until we get to a point of complete automation and bot wars. There is no solution. Either partake or play live (where there will also be cheating problems).

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This feels a lot like a long post about nothing. There will always be opportunities to cheat somehow in online poker. There will always be cheaters as long as there is an opportunity to cheat. Sites won't want to be transparent about the extent of it because it scares away customers and necessitates accountability for confiscated funds. There will always be die hard believers that everything is alright and all you need is the poker skillz to make it big. The online poker economy depends on it until we get to a point of complete automation and bot wars. There is no solution. Either partake or play live (where there will also be cheating problems).
If this is a post about nothing, what will a comment about it say?:)

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure if you have the ability to read an entire topic and understand the message. But I have hope...:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just to start with a very peculiar subject, which no one asks about... if all sites have an RNG that is said to be random, I ask everyone:
Does anyone notice any difference from room to room, in your performance or even the software's reaction to your playing style?
Has anyone here ever asked artificial intelligence, "since it's fashionable" if it is possible to generate a random number scheme in a binary computing system? because they will discover that this will not be a random system but rather a system that imitates randomness, soon we will have binary patterns depending on the system, I'm not saying that the system is bad, however, it will have non-random patterns and failures depending on each RNG and its instructions, and what they are based on to make the closest to random.
In fact, the systems managed to imitate randomness very effectively, and online poker is a great school and preparation for live poker, but real randomness only exists in the live deck, and that when there is no collusion with the dealer involved in the game. scheme.. :ROFLMAO:

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just to start with a very peculiar subject, which no one asks about... if all sites have an RNG that is said to be random, I ask everyone:
Does anyone notice any difference from room to room, in your performance or even the software's reaction to your playing style?
Has anyone here ever asked artificial intelligence, "since it's fashionable" if it is possible to generate a random number scheme in a binary computing system? because they will discover that this will not be a random system but rather a system that imitates randomness, soon we will have binary patterns depending on the system, I'm not saying that the system is bad, however, it will have non-random patterns and failures depending on each RNG and its instructions, and what they are based on to make the closest to random.
In fact, the systems managed to imitate randomness very effectively, and online poker is a great school and preparation for live poker, but real randomness only exists in the live deck, and that when there is no collusion with the dealer involved in the game. scheme.. :ROFLMAO:
Which side are you on? Is the RNG equal to live play or not? Just in October you were saying this
Wow a hand!! Now everything is explained... there is no way a player can make a mistake or even know what they are doing, this is ridiculous. Now I'm sure it's manipulated!!:ROFLMAO:
Just kidding! I would just like to say that I have already investigated, done data collection on HUD and do you know what I discovered? While I was a clueless fish, now at least I'm a little more grown up fish. Partly I was doing everything wrong, and when that comes together with bad luck it can be very frustrating. So always do your best and take advantage of the lucky moments. I would give myself this advice 4 years ago

Just to finish, who here plays live?
Guys, the shuffling is very good in online poker, it's perfect and fair.
Wow, I play cash Omaha from time to time NL500 and also live tournaments, and for those who don't play yet, I just warn you that you will be disappointed, because there are a lot of bad beats and many more maniacal players live and the problem with live is the volume, you may never reach the lucky curve. If you go through a bad phase, it can take a long time. That's why we have this illusion, because you can start your live career in a good phase and think that the deck is like this...

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

I play on 5 sites, atm... Two of them regularly and the other 3 for CC and freerolls. I only notice a small difference in the RNG at one, NLOP. Their boards are quite diverse and wetter than most other sites, imo. I notice they don't pair up on flops as much and a 4 on the river is less predictable* (*a lot of times at any other site I'll ask the poker godz for a 4 on the river and it's crazy but it's around 60%... When I ask. Live as well). 👈 Seriously. 😇

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
. There will always be die hard believers that everything is alright and all you need is the poker skillz to make it big.
I'm definitely of this mind , can a solver solve style ? we all "know" a rival can't have the hand all the time right?
but can a solver predict when rival has the hand or not ? it cant, neither can a bot or any other software as far as I know.
The only cheating we're scared of are the players , humans themselves, using various methods I'm guessing.
if suspect cheaters especially in a cash game, just leave yes ?
I don't think poker will ever be "solved" like chess is apparently solved, mainly because one or bot can never truely "know"
chess is different because it's all about mistakes and a bot can make less of these thru programing....

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm definitely of this mind , can a solver solve style ? we all "know" a rival can't have the hand all the time right?
but can a solver predict when rival has the hand or not ? it cant, neither can a bot or any other software as far as I know.
The only cheating we're scared of are the players , humans themselves, using various methods I'm guessing.
I don't think poker will ever be "solved" like chess is apparently solved, mainly because one or bot can never truely "know"
chess is different because it's all about mistakes and a bot can make less of these thru programing....
The main issue is the effect of all these things on your expected value from playing. We often talk about what is plus and minus EV in terms of decisions at each stage of a given hand. There is also impact on EV depending on who you play against. At some point when perfect players are playing against perfect players, the average EV just comes down to losing money to rake. It stops mattering what the cards are.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on 5 sites, atm... Two of them regularly and the other 3 for CC and freerolls. I only notice a small difference in the RNG at one, NLOP. Their boards are quite diverse and wetter than most other sites, imo. I notice they don't pair up on flops as much and a 4 on the river is less predictable* (*a lot of times at any other site I'll ask the poker godz for a 4 on the river and it's crazy but it's around 60%... When I ask. Live as well). 👈 Seriously. 😇
I know how it is, everyone has their own standards...

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
True, however, they have an advantage when it comes to very long and tiring tournaments, when everyone is already mentally tired and very close to the big share of the prize. Players tend to play more standard games, for me it doesn't make any difference anyway, I'll continue exploring the bots.:)

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main issue is the effect of all these things on your expected value from playing. We often talk about what is plus and minus EV in terms of decisions at each stage of a given hand. There is also impact on EV depending on who you play against. At some point when perfect players are playing against perfect players, the average EV just comes down to losing money to rake. It stops mattering what the cards are.
So you begin to understand that there is no +EV way, but rather adaptations for exploration, no matter what the definition, or perfection. There is no point for stable comparison in poker, even playing GTO there will be ways to be explored.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So you begin to understand that there is no +EV way, but rather adaptations for exploration, no matter what the definition, or perfection. There is no point for stable comparison in poker, even playing GTO there will be ways to be explored.
No, at some point there is no profit for anyone but the operator that collects rake. If a bunch of cheating bots play a bunch of cheating bots, the net profit for those groups is zero and they pay roke.

Ingryd

Ingryd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes I think that in moderate there is some fraud so that someone who is doing well starts to lose without on the river even with the best hand

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I think that in moderate there is some fraud so that someone who is doing well starts to lose without on the river even with the best hand
that's nonsense, when you win on the river in the same way, you don't even notice or appreciate it. it's normal...