Had to make a Withdrawal!

POKERYALL

POKERYALL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well seems like every time I get a bankroll going, something pops up where I have to take my poker winnings and pay for a bill or something. Just once I'd like to keep all my bankroll intact for 1 year. Water pump froze up on the PT Cruiser which snapped the timing belt which made the engine values bend, they say it's an interference engine what ever the hell that means. Long story short $1800.00 to repair, so we had to scrap up some cash. So took all but $15 out of the account, which means I basically have to start all over, FRAK!...............:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

R

Ranger390

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to hear of your engine problem. But, if you don't have the cash in the bank to cover unexpected bills, should you have an $1800 bankroll for poker? Maybe I'm too conservative, but I never count on my bankroll for anything other than poker. The same for my tournament bass fishing bankroll. Those monies are completely discretionary "extra" money, unrelated to the family budget and family savings.

POKERYALL

POKERYALL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bankroll only had $200, and these day's with living on a fixed income and 4 daughters, ( one in college ) it doesn't take much to run short on money.
Family comes first above anything! Besides I will build it back up to $1000 by June 2009

Sorry to hear of your engine problem. But, if you don't have the cash in the bank to cover unexpected bills, should you have an $1800 bankroll for poker? Maybe I'm too conservative, but I never count on my bankroll for anything other than poker. The same for my tournament bass fishing bankroll. Those monies are completely discretionary "extra" money, unrelated to the family budget and family savings.

F

fiddy1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like you shouldn't be playing poker ...

un-diluted

un-diluted

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
interference engine means that when the timing belt snaps, but the pistons in your engine keep moving, they will "smash" the valves in your cylinder head, thus bending the valves and requiring head removal and at minimum, replacement of your valves. GL rebuilding your BR

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
??
sounds like it's made him a little money

Yea, who knows, he might have built that bankroll up from $25-50 to that $200. If that is the case then keep on playing, you're making some money, and doing it something fun! Can't always say that about your real job.....

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey i would be glad to not to have to take out a loan or something to pay for the car repair. sure it sucks to have to start over, but on the other hand, you didnt have to dig into your offline income. i hate having to start from scratch, but im sure we have all been there. gl on the reload.

joos

joos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I had to do it over again id deposit minimum of 500 and play 25NL but if your income doesnt allow it, its gonna be a grind

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol the Poker Tracker cruiser

That must be a sick ride.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's bankroll money won from freerolls, I don't deposit money to play poker!.............;)

That is even better then! Pure Profit. Sorry you have to go all the way back down to $15 though, but I am sure you will get it back up to ~$200 soon. Good luck with that

H

Holmstaedt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Bankroll managers,
seems u guys r really doing bigtime...

Joos, its not a matter of income, what buy-ins u are playin... Its more the matter how much do you trust in your poker skills. Myself is playin max. 5$ buy in and when my bankroll goes over $500, I withdrawl the half and deposit it on an extra account with an intrest rate.

Looking forward to my sabbatical poker year

Holmstaedt

K

kuch522

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hahah yea it sounds like ya needa take your money off poker and use it for others things!!! what ifyou never won??