Made an important realization today

LCDaBoss

LCDaBoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on your type of play and what you feel is better, some will say cash some will say SNG's some will say tourneys. Myself I'm more of a SNG player and tournamen, but I avoid cash games, unless I'm in a home live game.

D

dragonflyamb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My husband plays quite a bit of cash games (live and online) and is always trying to convince me to play more cash. I've tried a bit of cash but overall I just prefer tournaments. I agree that the play is different. I am hoping that with this forum and other sources, i'll be be to focus on improving my game.

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am certainly A far better tournament poker player than A cash player.
I do always seem to do pretty well playing cash but the swings are horrible especially at the limits I play (1/2nlhe - 2/5nlhe). I have found overall I enjoy tournament play alot more and seem to be quite a bit more successful playing tournaments.
one thing I made myself control is when I bust out in a tournament I never ever go over and play cash games ,and I never play cash games waiting on a tournament to start.
For me personaly it is to hard to make the transision from one to the other.
Overall I would say to stick with what is working for you and making you money. 50 percent itm is not that shabby at all considering most top solid players run around 12 percent or so.

bezobrazny

bezobrazny

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice subject, i believe it considers most of us, online poker players. For me personaly there is no difference what I play, cash, tournament or SnG. I think I play all of that pretty well but cash game and SnG gave me most of money I earned and the reason of that is the time. I just don't have enough nervs to play a tournament under 5k with more then 1000 registered players with blinds duration bigger than 5 min. (turbo) but those tournaments incude luck as an element very much, even I enjoy tournaments the most. SnG when I am focused is good replacement for T type of game. :)