nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hi all!
Some believe in happy and unhappy hands.
Tell me, do you have non-standard hands that you are willing to raise against poker math just because you think they bring good luck?

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello, maybe sometimes I can play 77 a little more aggressively), but in general, of course, I try to stick to mathematics and proceed from the situation at the table

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have happy hands that aren't happy. I approach everything without prerequisites and I'm ready to benefit a couple of cards. Yes, there are times when one and that pair of cards brings you good moments in the game. But this is only a coincidence that also has a mathematical explanation. There is no magic pair of cards that goes beyond math.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I rely only on my skills and experience. I don't count on luck and I don't play with junk. My results show that this strategy allows me to make a profit.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably, unfortunately, there are no happy hands.😭

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi all!
Tell me, do you have non-standard hands that you are willing to raise against poker math just because you think they bring good luck?
It all depends, when you're having fun, and you like to play with certain villains, any draw becomes the nuts lol.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I have a hand 45 I like this hand

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
luck is also relative in poker.... 80% of hands 22 were winners, All in pre-flop and 40% of KK and JJ were losing hands in the same situation

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Luck factor. This is what is called the influence on the result in poker. It all depends on how much you play. Luck plays a huge role in a single hand, but if you play a million hands, its impact on your win rate will be negligible. In addition, the importance of luck depends on the type of poker you play, your playing style, advantage over your opponents, and a number of other factors. The only importance of luck in poker is that if luck didn't play any role, the fish wouldn't play, because it's luck that gives them the opportunity to win from time to time. For me, pocket 22 brings luck.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
75 lately are cards that I play with faith and hoping for luck, also 10 and 8 sometimes give me very good results but it is not good to risk luck

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not believe in lucky cards, but TT has won me the most money.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother
Let's see, I'll try to understand your question
I do not have preferential hands, it is logical that I would prefer to have AA all the hands hahahaha
I think that those who play luck are the Bingo players, they don't care if they go allin with 72 or with AJ.
There is something I learned in Omaha and when I can do it in Holdem it is according to my stack in an MTT or SGN which are the games that I frequent, play to see the nuts. It's not simple, sometimes you win other times you lose, but winning is the hand that makes a big difference.
Except in an allin where hands like AA or KK logically prevail, then if you can flop with 33 for example there is always the possibility of a set or a straight draw with a flop of 245 for example. It also depends on the moment of the MTT in the bubble, everything begins to get complicated with those hands.
From what you say I don't like to play cash. I have seen a lot that in cash the rules or strategies are almost non-existent, in truth I have never played tables with a lot of money at stake, but at low levels you have many players who play cash as if they were playing a slot they don't care.
When I have played cash there I almost always play directly to the possible nuts, I have the concept that the strong hand is the one that makes the difference in your game.
Greetings friend, I hope I have answered correctly ;););)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have the especially happy or unhappy hands... By my opinion any hand can to win or to lose... Because "This is Poker, Baby!"

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi all!
My quick answer is NO
Of course a lot of players say that they have favorite hands, but that doesn't mean they would play them or raise with them anytime they get them. Mine for example is TJ suited but I don't play it unless in position and cheap enough. Besides, with any hand you get dealt, you should act according to the dynamic of the table, your stack size, the level of the tournament unless you are playing cash games where your opponent tendencies play a huge role in your decision making... The only factor that should be taken out of the equation is the fact that the hand "IS" or "IS NOT" a lucky one, that's completely irrelevant to the game. GL man....

Last edited:
Gotmog1

Gotmog1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sixes often go out, and I noticed when I have 55 then the third five pops up on the flop.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
43o is an unusual hand that bring me luck.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands