Love or poker?

wesrman

wesrman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker,poker,poker

women come and go , poker is forever........

Attachments

• phildoyle.jpg
    phildoyle.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 54
xtreme_calibur

xtreme_calibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Theres a guaranteed way to do both if you enjoy your girlfriend and poker equally and dont want to give neither of them up. "Licker in the front and Poker in the rear. then youll both be happy!

Q

quads

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Coming from a woman JucieeQ's post of course makes sense. But can't help but wonder how your woman would feel about poker, if you won the Main Event and cashed $8,000,000.00 dollars. Nothing here about gold digging or anything, just wondering????????

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Coming from a woman JucieeQ's post of course makes sense. But can't help but wonder how your woman would feel about poker, if you won the Main Event and cashed $8,000,000.00 dollars. Nothing here about gold digging or anything, just wondering????????
It's funny you should mention this. Now, granted, my husband hasn't won $8 Million, but...when he first started playing online poker, I thought he was nuts. "Wth? You're playing with real money??" But then I would watch him play, he'd talk about what he was doing, let me play and coach me a little (it's why I'm such a horrible player ;)), and I started to see how it's not just some crap shoot, but actually involves a little skill and knowledge. So you can see where getting her involved will (probably) help the cause.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a good plan:

I think another thing that works is get a laptop. Play poker next to her while she watches TV. This was a big point with us. The computer is in another room so she felt left alone. If I'm playing while she is watching one of her shows now she feels that we are spending time together.

and this:

playing 8 hours with a active girlfriend

sounds fun, but tiring. ;)

bigdaddy02x

bigdaddy02x

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
well there im also in trouble of mrs bigdaddy for being here so hey what do u want is she worth giveing up so much poker if ure answare is yes wawa rong answare keep pokering u will find some one who will stand by u

smokinbandito12

smokinbandito12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can someone please tell me if this is a serious thread? I mean I love poker. Its probably my favorite hobby. But are you guys really having a debate on whether or not its a good idea to give up a relationship with someone you care about to play 8 hours of poker a day? I just cant relate to even considering trading a relationship with someone important to me to play a card game.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's definitely a serious thread. You have to weigh your options sometimes in certain circumstances such as this one. I don't think I wouldn't consider it "trading".

Last edited:
P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly, I would give up poker for love. In a heartbeat.

When it comes to love, there is nothing in the game of poker that can compare to loving someone and having someone love you back. Being in love is the absolute best feeling in the world. Those love butterflies, holding hands, waking up and having a lazy morning just chilling in bed. Romantic dates or just spending time at home, hand holding, conversing, supporting each other. Everything that has to do with love and relationships, even the rough times, are better than poker IMHO.

Of course, I would like a compromise but if I had to choose, its definately love all the way.

I LOVE YOU > IM ALL IN.

Last edited:
smokinbandito12

smokinbandito12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you philthy well said

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thank you philthy well said
Thanks.

As for the OP, if you really cared about her you will learn to compromise with her. You might even have to make a few sacrifices as well, but thats a good thing. If she sees you are willing to sacrifice something you enjoy so much for her, it could make your relationship stronger.

Ways you can compromise is maybe you will agree to stop playing after a certain hour. Enjoy the evening with each other-have dinner, watch a movie, go out, etc. Make plans on the weekends to spend a day together. Giving up a few hours or even a day and not playing isnt going to kill you, right? The way I see is if you can spend 8 hours playing cards, then you should be able spend 8 hours with your girl.

You have to want to be with her, too. If you're just doing this so you dont break up, but your heart isnt in it then you're just wasting both of your time. If you agree that you'll stop playing at 8pm every night then stick with the schedule. You cant be saying "this is the last hand" or "Im almost finished" you have to really mean it and show that you mean it. Do something romantic for her, thats always good. If she works, have dinner ready for her when she comes home. Rent a favorite movie and spend an evening on the couch. Its the simplest and smallest gestures that mean so much. Even saying, "Honey, I want us to have a fun and enjoyable evening together." will have a big impact. Dont say "Im giving up a night of poker just for you." though...thats not good.

Im sure she has some hobbies or intrest that you arent really into. Have her show you and explain her hobbies and interest. You might be surprised and find it interesting yourself. Even if you dont, at least your girl will notice this. You could then invite her to spend some time with you while you play. You could explain the game to her and how it works. Even if she isnt genuinely interested in the game (you never know), she'll at least know why you are very interested in.

There are a lot of ways you can make this work for the both you.

ETA: This reminds me of "Who needs a woman when you've got a good hand." I say it just for the chuckles, though. Im still sticking with my love decision.

Last edited:
beanaddict

beanaddict

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
8hrs of poker a day and wondering about ditchin' the girl? hmmm.

I'm just waiting for, " If I ditch the girl should I become an online pro" comment. Eight hours would be normal shift of a job.
Anways my sarcasm:
Online poker obsessed guy who lost girl + trying to be at pro status + might as well throw bankroll management away too = Obsessive money begging guy with no shoulder to cry on.

If you can't live without poker, and she wants you to quit all the way. You will have an arguement for the rest of your life. That is if you stay together.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The solution is simple: win a big online tournament, buy her a convertible and she'll quickly change her mind :D

R

Rufdmx786

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I had this situation come up to me as well a little while ago and so I decided to teach my gf how to play so that when I had to play a tournamnet while she was there she go along and I happened to win the first tournament she watched me play. For me its simple, I play when she is at school or at work and when it doesn't get in the way of our time together. But yea like Chris said a Convertible SC430 can't hurt ;)

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dunno about the convertible.

If you pay good money for a car, you should expect to get a whole one. ;)