Lost interest in poker.

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a rule, interest in this problem develops only when it does not add up, that is, you play zero or a weak plus and they don’t need a lot of money, but you waste your time on nothing. It's interesting to make poker, right?

UberRogue

UberRogue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant remember when I stopped playing exactly. Think 8 or 9 months ago.

My issue was it seemed like a second job for me. I only have so much free time and I was spending it on poker.

Going to to start playing again soon just not so hard core.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing wrong with losing interest. Take some time from the game and explore other interests. If you decide to come back, great! If not, enjoy your new interests.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've lost interest about 3 years ago, currently playing freerolls and micro games during my main business. Many years ago, for me, poker was a hobby that turned into a business, I've played like a maniac for 10+ hours per day at 9-12 tables. Now the same thing has happened with robotics and CNC, hobby turned into a new business. But I'm a gamer and because of the problems with my leg I can't play football, tennis or billiards, so having fun playing poker, and thanks CC for the opportunity to play for free in the evenings.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so that interest does not disappear, you need to set a goal and go to it.[emoji106][emoji409]

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I noticed that I lost interest in poker. . I began to play very little in the last half of the year. I do not know what it is connected with.
Did someone have this?

it is a little because you have not won what you have planned. at one point we lose hope and we feel that we waste a lot of time for nothing. In poker too, there are moments when we get too motivated to play and we resume with another breath

N

nolifescotty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well I have lost interest from time to time but I always go back I love the game but summer is upon us and I will probably be playing less and less.

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you've lost interest it's probably best to take a break for a little while. Maybe some time away from the tables will have you refreshed and ready to pick it up again at some point. If not that's okay theres plenty of other hobbies you can take up that can replace poker in your life.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens, did for me as well. Interest change and we gravitate to what we motivated to do. Played almost everyday and most all weekends when I started. Have added other hobbies that doesn't leave much time.

Not a bad thing though. You need to find new and different things to keep it fresh.

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmmm, I think this is normal for most people, believe me! I've also lost interest in poker for some time, and I don't play more often than I did before.

Maybe I'll not regain my will this year?

danelyCS

danelyCS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I noticed that I lost interest in poker. . I began to play very little in the last half of the year. I do not know what it is connected with.
Did someone have this?

This is, in my case also true, it has happened to me many times but then I come back to recover the interest.

This happens to me in general when I have a lot of stress, because in addition to playing poker I do other things on the PC, and I always really follow what I feel and if I feel that I should not play poker, then I do not (I learned this with the years, it is ALWAYS better to play poker with DESIRE, to play just for money can be very CONTRAPRODUCTIVE), I believe that in my case it is like a protection mechanism LOL!:laugh:

Last edited:
ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's happening to me now, since about two months ago I've been having a lot of bad beats.
In February, I was in first place in the LA master league, almost the whole month, but the last week was disastrous, and I finished in 3rd place, lost a big pot with AA vs 77, in another tornament with QQ vs. A3o, and in another JJ vs 66, since then I have had a bad streak, and I am very reluctant to play.
Well I hope that the variance passes, and better luck comes. :)

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's happening to me now, since about two months ago I've been having a lot of bad beats.
In February, I was in first place in the LA master league, almost the whole month, but the last week was disastrous, and I finished in 3rd place, lost a big pot with AA vs 77, in another tornament with QQ vs. A3o, and in another JJ vs 66, since then I have had a bad streak, and I am very reluctant to play.
Yes, the situation is sad. and can knock out any rut. these periods will always be ...
but do not forget that the plane takes off against the wind. and the runway is also black. so I wish you more victories in the future and less frustration from the game[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With me it happens sometimes, then I go back

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you have poker out of life difficulties and because of them depression. Then deal with near-poker problems first.
And if not, then watch some video from a major tournament for fun, refresh your knowledge of poker theory, study your game, come up with your own game strategy ....
Does not help, drop this thing. Find yourself elsewhere.

D

dark IPA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
searching for a new - human's nature. at this stage of your life, poker has stopped bringing discoveries, probably its time for a new hobbie(s).

p.s. i dont think bad beats are problem, they heppens with all of us

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips

Hey
I have been experiencing this from about 2-3 weeks myself.

Suddenly it makes you feel like your new to poker.

You play tight and lose, you play loose and lose.

Everything works against you at this time making you feel horrible and want to quit poker.

But than again its just a phase which should pass.:)

Dont worry!!
Be happy!!!

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have so that I start the session and in an hour I understand that I do not want to play! I am in good condition, I normally distribute cards but I just do not want to !! and I finish because motivation is very important in the game!

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cant remember when I stopped playing exactly. Think 8 or 9 months ago.

My issue was it seemed like a second job for me. I only have so much free time and I was spending it on poker.

Going to to start playing again soon just not so hard core.

I feel exactly like that.

I've being wasting weekends and holidays playing MTTs and it feels like another job.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I am tired of the game sometimes for a lot of reasons and only bad beats ,the frequency of playing etc .But when i do a break works fine to me.If you aren't interested on that game ,it's ok there's a plenty of things you can do.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm here to win. Poker is a game in which you need to take a break to gather strength

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
enough is enough, when you reach that point try something else to break the chain and after period of time come back and try again

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did someone have this?

I think is normal from time to time to get bored. When i feel like this i take a break about 2 weeks and i come back and continue to play.

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did someone have this?
there should be a moderate bro in all)) and poker too ... you can see you played it in your own time .. Motivate yourself in life, and not play poker .. You already want to force yourself to play poker as if you didn’t like to go to your favorite work. to him as a hobby, and not as a job, for only a hobby is a favorite and favorite job. But if you really get sick of him, then delete the client and that's it ..)

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker should be entertaining in the appropriate circumstances. A time for relaxation, concentration, social interaction, and exploring unknown patterns.

Cannot be forced when there is zero internal desire to sit, wait, and play with patience. A sniper and a fisherman both prepare thoroughly in advance - acquiring their target and locking on - hoping for no crazy factor to occur.

Last edited: