Losing streak after getting bonus?

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that I have been playing a little looser than I used to, but I don't think it explains it all.

It might explain a lot, too.

I found out that I tended to get cocky after a bonus/big win and didn't take opponents serious anymore - maybe this ???

Closed that leak for me a while ago.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first time this happened it eventually cost me my entire bankroll, and I don't want it to happen again.

Any initial thoughts?

Practice some good BR management this time. Don't get too rapped up in the stats but try to look for leaks in your game(yes stats may help point you towards them). Review each session afterwards and post hands where you won or lost money. Also post any hands you got questions on. Just because you lost money doesn't mean you played bad or did something wrong. Conversely just because you won doesn't mean you played good.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Practice some good BR management this time. Don't get too rapped up in the stats but try to look for leaks in your game(yes stats may help point you towards them). Review each session afterwards and post hands where you won or lost money. Also post any hands you got questions on. Just because you lost money doesn't mean you played bad or did something wrong. Conversely just because you won doesn't mean you played good.

^^^Exactly. You might just be on a downswing, it happens to everyone from time to time. Perhaps your bad beats are affecting your play, who knows. It is not the site though. Donks are everywhere, at every site and live, horrific beats are everywhere as well.
Post your Hand Histories (HH) and let others analyze them for you, offer advice and such. Maybe you have a leak you aren't aware of, maybe you're just running bad. I know posting hands in the HH has helped me and a lot of others on here.

ean

ean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, this has happened to me at two different sites. But, I am not one of those "the site is out to get me" people. I really think I made some boo-boos and need to learn from those the next time I fall into some more cash. Haven't played in a couple of days, so I should hit the tables again fresh.

Yes, I'm not of the "site is out to get me" type of thought either. But even without that, there are other schools of thought about "runs" and flows of luck, that would lead to the same advice.

Try something else for a while, come back fresh, yes, that's the idea in some form.

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pokerstars does not participate in rakeback, instead they have the best points program on the web. Signing up through the raketherake site only offers you a freeroll deal. There are a ton of freerolls for money daily plus specials worth a lot more on a regular basis, you just have to look for them. If you sign up with Pokerstars through HEM you get HEM free with a deposit (I don't recall how much) but it really depends on how much you are depositing. Pokerstars offers a $600 first time sign up bonus if you do it on your own, look at their site for the bonus code before depositing. If you are not going to be depositing that much, like less than $100 then you are better off signing up with HEM. If you are depositing more than $100 then you are better off doing the first time bonus of up to $600. GL!

TY for Advice. I think I might deposit 50 bucks or so and try to get the program. the catch I don't like about is that i have to release those points in order to get the program. :(

thebluff1000

thebluff1000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok...i didnt read e1 elses replies but my advice is this....we often consider ourselves better sit n go or tourney players...but how many amongst us has entered that promo and dont usually play micro cash tables or any cash tables for that matter and ending up cashing almost every day we played.(because u were playing tight and smart).
i never liked it b4 but i think i found my calling .01-0.2 cap no limit.every time i play tight ...there is always a donkey playing and goes all in with 10-3 or what ever he has but u will usually beat him with your tight cards if called.Obviously u will lose a hand once in a while but the stats will prove ur tight game a winner.
Me myself i won the 50 bonus too and went on a losing streak and finally noticed that i should go to that kind of table and test my strategy.I been there for 2 days and keep going up and up.Its ur opinion but u cant lose more than .60 if some1 goes all in and u usually will go ahead...just wait for the right hands.

Juniorsdaddy

Juniorsdaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's an update.

Been playing .25/.50 limit Stud Hi with the remaining $53. It is the game I have found the most success in the past. I haven't played it much lately because it was hard to get in 2 tables at once for the Take 2 promo. The past couple of days, I am up $8. So, I am going to take that and enter a $5 MTT tonight, while I should be able to make the $5 back playing Stud Hi.

I wanted to thank you all for your advice. I joined CC after my first meltdown to try and improve my game to avoid any future disasters. With everyone's advice, this should be just a bump in the road for me.