Losing streak

nachopaulo

nachopaulo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
How many hands do you lose before you stop? Because I've seen many players trying to recover instead of stopping and ended up breaking their bankroll.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
if you speak about cash games, you have to fix your limits
generaly it goes from 5 to $10

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many hands do you lose before you stop? Because I've seen many players trying to recover instead of stopping and ended up breaking their bankroll.
I generally quit if I am down 2 or three buyins, as this is only 4-6 dollars it is not too serious. I will make an exception if there is a bad player who got lucky.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
In any case, I follow bankroll management. I never spend more than 5% of my bankroll per session. Thanks to this, I always keep my emotions under control and always remain calm.
Good luck.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One type of tilt is trying to win back at a higher limit. This is my flaw

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The most important thing that I have noticed in myself is never to play tired and not angry.

P

pontvadasz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the size of my bankroll and the type of game. NLH is 5% of the bankroll, LH is less, 2-3%.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Yeah, that's essentially why I went into MTTs. In cash games you can burn money quickly.

Though, if your game didn't suffer and you are still playing your best poker there is no reason to stop playing due to losing streak. You think cards will be different tomorrow? RNG doesn't have a memory, intentions. Cards will be the same as today.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Before you stop? Nah i wouldnt even stop if lose like million hands :)

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If you are constantly withdrawing money from your bankroll to pay bills or food, then at some point you may find that you do not have enough money for your current limit. Moreover, sometimes there will be unforeseen emergencies in life when you need to take a very significant part of your BR, and therefore it is always good to have extra money on hand for a rainy day. Loose players who play a larger percentage of hands will encounter variance more often, than tight ones. Accept defeat and move on.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
hehehe greetings I have a hard time stopping especially when I started playing poker I never stopped now if I can do it before losing everything

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 buy-ins seems legit to me. I don't quit when I lose, but when I am sure I cannot focus on the game.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The important thing about being on a rough patch is knowing that you don't have to play tired and angry, I think you have to be patient! ;)

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I do not have a specific number of lost hands after which I end the game. If I understand that everything is going badly and I can play better, then I temporarily close the tables

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My bad I try to get even works sometimes

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If this is a cash game then 3-4 stacks if I lose then I try to end the session

igorneia

igorneia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I'm kind of crazy when I lose game until I recover or go bankrupt

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i only play mtt's and follow brm so i just follow my regular schedule

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I have a daily quota of games, I only play those during the day, so if it went extremely badly, I would lose the same amount every day, but I would be far from breaking my bankroll.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Similar to above comment but win or lose, ive a set Bankroll each week and i stick to that, i also have a set number of hours and target tourneys i like to play and i tend to not vary from them - however that said, i keep my eye on multiple poker providers to see what promotions they are offering and am flexible to tailor my play to that if the value is there.
The key is self discipline and having regular breaks from poker has really proven itself to be the big win for me in the last 10 years.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fix your limits, have a break, re-think your strategy. Your strategy might have worked before but no longer does as opponents have adapted their play.

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
It usually happens, yesterday I lost a lot and then I decided to retire!! I didn't play badly, but I did have a rough patch

jrportes21

jrportes21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
for beginners there is no word stop, but this is normal.

jrportes21

jrportes21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Hi.
In any case, I follow bankroll management. I never spend more than 5% of my bankroll per session. Thanks to this, I always keep my emotions under control and always remain calm.
Good luck.
I wish I had that control and discipline lol.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually set a limit of how much money I can spend in one day, like % of my bankroll and if I lose this amount I leave. But when you're winning, it's not easy to know the right moment to leave, that moment when you are not going to win anymore but only lose..