losing self-confidence

norriscjn

norriscjn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel the same way right now. So i switched to play money and kicking some serious butt. For some reason that helps me alot. U should give it a try. Try and work your way to king of the hill It will better your game

P

pokermanplym

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think thats true i worked my way from 0 - 30 million in like 2-3weeks and u just get past the donkey tards to then play against some kinda decent players if u wanna play properly try like cent tables on ft or somethin

P

pokermanplym

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
even 0.01 and 0.02cent tables the players play better than at the 25/50k play chips

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just play 10 step ones on merge at the same time. Don't think just react with the best situational bet. Don't know if it will help any but if you can get 10 out of 10 you can certainly beat donks.

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tbh, I've told a lot of ppl the same advice a lot of the time. But I just looked at my last 50k hands and I'm really starting to believe it's all BS!'
attachment.php

Ring games?
I'd be interested to see your winnings/losses in relationship to your position. IE, how much you are up or down UTG, in the BB, SB, Button, cutoff, etc.

NCfoldem

NCfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't look at folding rags as a mistake. What would have happened to them IF you played them is absolutely of no consequence. I guess in theory, getting hit with a bad beat should be the same - if you made the right decision, you're on target. Can't control the cards. I dunno - does this help at all? I don't want to waste your time.

C

Curty Curt1

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not a Poker Prof, but I will tell you what worked for me:

"small ball of course"...(Look up Daniel N.)

Now to go along with "small ball", try this trick every once in a while:

you have: A/K off
Flop comes 2 7 9 rainbow.....

Bet something like 177, 277, 577....smaller the better.

What you are doing is 2 things:
1) Controling the betting ( hopefully)
2) stating "If you can beat my "7" giver....

This will limit bad beats and maximize quick steals.

As with any "Tip" i, or anyone, provides....Please use at your own RISK.

Good Luck
Curty 3.0

Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not a Poker Prof, but I will tell you what worked for me:

"small ball of course"...(Look up Daniel N.)

Now to go along with "small ball", try this trick every once in a while:

you have: A/K off
Flop comes 2 7 9 rainbow.....

Bet something like 177, 277, 577....smaller the better.

What you are doing is 2 things:
1) Controling the betting ( hopefully)
2) stating "If you can beat my "7" giver....

This will limit bad beats and maximize quick steals.

As with any "Tip" i, or anyone, provides....Please use at your own RISK.

Good Luck
Curty 3.0

Maybe this works at 2nl....but at higher stakes people don't care that you're betting 1.77 to try to represent that you have a 7. I've never in my life paid attention to that, and I would bet that most regs don't either. How exactly does that limit bad beats anyways?

I will, however, agree that cbetting with your AK is fine. The board is dry and you will probably get people to float you, but at low stakes I think they fold enough anyways to make it profitable. Actually at low stakes its profitable to just bet bet bet and put the pressure on....

silverslugger33

silverslugger33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not really sure why you're losing self-confidence if this is the case. I'm sure that you are smart enough to know that you didn't do anything wrong if you get sucked out on. Just keep playing and realize that luck will turn around. Getting unlucky shouldn't make you lose confidence in your ability.

T

tearedtotears

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your goal has to be playing for fun and for perfection. If you manage to focus totally on your game without fearing to lose you're on the right track... For me breaks, offline playing and listening to music + trying to avoid mistakes and systemmatically training to avoid them helps a lot to keep me from tilitng and losing my self-confidence