get loose or tighten up?

Cowboy8112

Cowboy8112

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, this is where I really need y'alls help. I am starting the 2nd hr of a MTT in the chip lead with 39 left.......Which direction do I go? Tighen up and onmly play the monsters, or loosen up and risk donking off chips?

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing opposite of your table will be the most profitable.

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...assuming you are able to play both well. I've seen people play profitable tight play and then try to loosen up but not really know how to adjust to their new style of play. They usually end up playing any hand and then either fold or get too attached to their crap hands. Either way, the point is you need to be comfortable with whatever style you play, but if you can play opposite of your table well, that's obviously preferable.

Cowboy8112

Cowboy8112

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, I got a bit loose, made a bit, then took a real bad beating (not bad beat just a beating) when I wouldnt let go of the lesser boat. but I am back to 1st place now, starting 3rd hr with 12 left

Cowboy8112

Cowboy8112

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ITM, with a pretty nice stack

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play one hand at a time, if you sense weakness attack, most importantly, play your game and what you feel comfortable doing. Just dont sit on that stack though and let it all go to waste

Nek

Nek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, this is where I really need y'alls help. I am starting the 2nd hr of a MTT in the chip lead with 39 left.......Which direction do I go? Tighen up and onmly play the monsters, or loosen up and risk donking off chips?

If you're first then you ought to tight up to maintain that position...At a certain moment you should change gear and loose up a little bit!!!!

That's the key:)

goldfinger1217

goldfinger1217

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I little of both I would play a tight agressive style play good starting hands only but play them agressively . That is just how I would personally play untill final table well probably all the waqy through but I like that one hand at a time advice.

G

godoy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with a large stack, in this part of the tournament I would play agressive for a while, push a lot to people with smaller stacks feel trheatened by you, and then, after a while start to play extremely tight, because if you start being agressive, most of people will just call with very good hands, especially if you were playing tight since the beggining

Fr33 Lancer

Fr33 Lancer

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your stack is there for you to use. Other players are getting desperate, not you, so play however feels comfortable for the given situation.

However you have to know your opponents. Some might be clueless, some might know what you're doing and shove a raise from you with more marginal hands figuring you're just bullying the table.

Like everything else it's situational. Look to put pressure on the middle sized stacks as they will be more reluctant to push in contrast to the smaller stacks with M's under 8, say.

And btw, congrats on being ITM. Now just seal the deal. :)

M

mtvessel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1. depends on your style of play
2. how is the table playing
3. are you on a heater
4. is someone else on a heater
5. tight play with a large stack can get you paid better

Harthgrepa

Harthgrepa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight and agressive or stick with whatever style of play made you the chip leader, it is obviously working for you. I don't think I'd loosen up until you are the final table and down to the last handful pf players.

~H