*****(Loose) Aggressive April Chat Thread*****

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You all said not it, so I'm picking the title. Can't believe aggro never came up. Anyway, for those who've been here for awhile, type cardschat.com into your browser.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
zomg good april fools nick!!! I like that name zach good thinkin.

Dbrown

Dbrown

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shoulda been anteating alligator april IMO.....but who am i to say im just a noob to all you loyalers and what have you and btw a;lkiwiro;ha;,hv

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what is this loyaler you speak of?

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The April Foolishness Tourney on stars is nuts. Blinds start high and go down instead of up WOW

also lol @ +EV at the top left of the CC home page talking about the wsop seat lol

troyer16

troyer16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definatly feel for the april fools.

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got pwned by CC. I like the title too.

Gorblid

Gorblid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fooled me, I started to thought myself why they would close the forum

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I realize that April 1st is a really bad day for making announcements, but whatever: I'm going to play poker for a living for the next five months.

http://fredrikpaulsson.blogspot.com/2009/04/hell-just-froze-over.html

Cliffnotes: My company has financial problems due to customers not paying our invoices, and in an attempt to save them some money and get to be home with Lori and the baby I've offered to take a leave of absence for five months.

So for most intents and purposes, I'll be a poker pro for awhile. We live in interesting times.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also liked the added touch of the front page being signed by "SENATOR Steve Beshear".

Beshear is the GOVERNOR of Kentucky, not one of it's Senators. (unless he recently promoted himself)

That was my first clue that the page was bogus ... :D ... I also read elsewhere that the Seal used is an old version with the old Kentucky Department of Justice name.
---------------------------------------------

and it goes w/o saying - Best o' Luck to you - FP !!!! Keep us informed.

---------------------------------------------

Last edited:
BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I realize that April 1st is a really bad day for making announcements, but whatever: I'm going to play poker for a living for the next five months.

Wow, that's pretty big news. :eek:

Well, I guess for someone who has a pretty good job to begin with, that's both a shame that the company has trouble and a unique opportunity to try out the poker pro life with less afterthoughts then actually leaving your job.

Good luck to you. Looking forward to hearing about your progress over the next five months. Hope you'll enjoy it.

N

nicoiko

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Cliffnotes: My company has financial problems due to customers not paying our invoices, and in an attempt to save them some money and get to be home with Lori and the baby I've offered to take a leave of absence for five months.

So for most intents and purposes, I'll be a poker pro for awhile. We live in interesting times.

Sounds like a lot of companies have those problems lately.:(
Anyway I wish you the best FP.;)
Take care.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
glglglgl FP, make it count.

Any ideas for a regiment/schedule of poker playing ?

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

But, we like agreed :(

Good luck with it FP.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
glglglgl FP, make it count.

Any ideas for a regiment/schedule of poker playing ?
This is all in the very early planning stages, but I'm shooting for about 100h/month, typically playing around 4h/day broken up in three chunks. So the typical day may be something like this:

1. Breakfast, read the news, take a shower.
  2. Watch a training video, review yesterday's session, make notes.
  3. Play for 60-90 minutes.
  4. Take a break, have lunch, do some stuff around the house, etc.
  5. Play for 60-90 minutes.
  6. Another break, relax in the yard, read a book, whatever.
  7. Have dinner.
  8. Play for 60-90 minutes.
  9. Have the night off and do whatever I feel like.
Some days I'll play more, some days I'll play less. Some days I'll probably need to move stuff around because Lori wants to go to the gym or I take a nap because we've been up all night with a screaming baby who can't sleep, etc. But that's the main idea.

I'm hoping to play about 50-70k hands/month on this schedule, maybe more. With 50k hands I need an average win-rate of 3bb/100 (or 1.5ptbb/100) to make ends meet. Add bonuses and that my average win-rate has been about twice that in the past five months and that I'm hoping to improve a lot as a player, and things could work out very well. The really important thing to remember is that I'm not dependent on wins to make it through these five months and if things turn completely sour we'll still be OK. We'll no longer have the massive savings account that we currently have, but we'll hopefully have had an interesting experience and lots of time spent with the baby.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good luck with this Fred, I hope it goes really well for you.

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
99945996_cbbafd0e1d_o.jpg

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it would suck to find out you have AIDS on april fools day because it would probably take the doctor a while to convince you, and then nobody else would believe you :(

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a thought FP, have you not thought about scheduling some of your day's play to include peak hours for the USA time, ie when more of their fishies will be playing. Or are you happy with taking money from the Euro donks?

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought FP was on party ? = no US donks.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hope this thread title is an april fool because it sucks :(