Looking to Make a Profit

S

SankTheTank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Starting with absolutley nothing, $0.00 I will be attempting to make a large profit. I'll have to start with some freerolls off anything I can play. I'm mainly a hold 'em player but I can mix it up and play some omaha and HORSE as well.

I'll let you know how I'm doing and hopefully you guys can help me out by giving me some tips and whatnot.

Tundra

T

tigertight

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only tip I can tell you is be prepared to sit for hours on end make sure you have a good Environment with no distractions. Good luck!

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing at Full Tilt?

First thing's first, see if you can find some better freerolls than their standard 2700-player ones: you can waste a month on them and not make more than two bucks.

The CC forum freerolls are incredibly good value. I've found the Australian-only ones Full Tilt run each day to be alright too, but I don't know if they offer them for US players, or what the US ones are like.

Next, get very good at $1.25 turbo SnGs. Despite the fact that they're turbos, at the moment I'm actually finding playing them like a rock is the most profitable strategy. Aim for the cash and slowly grind your bankroll up.

That's playing hold 'em though - I've played the $1.25 HORSE and Razz SnGs a bit as well, but have tended towards the hold 'em because 1: the Razz / HORSE games take a bloody long time to finish (often an hour or more) and 2: when you do cash, you don't make quite as much as you do from the 9-player NLHE games

That's what I've found so far from doing the same thing - hope it's useful, good luck!