Long Time Professional Feeling... Lost

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive made a living playing poker for over 12 years... at least thats what I say... I am for sure profitable over these past 12 years. 100-200k...

Let me be honest... For the past 6 years, I anywhere made or lost from -$1000 to +$1000... and played hours and hours a day. Ive had huge up swings but always seem to use very poor bankroll management and lose it all rather quickly. Im sure this is an issue for many people... Only, I used to be very good. I used to be disciplined, very creative and aware of images and patterns... Lately... It feels more like an addiction.

Anyone else go through this? Any advice to get back to the top of my game?
Sounds like you stopped being a professional when the games became tougher and turned into a degen.

I strongly suggest you quit and stay away from all forms of gambling.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker has shifted to being a Gbuck fueled EV grind that is pretty much nothing but no emotions and all math. The days of creativity seem to have vanished. I'm an almost 15+ year vet myself. I consider it Semi-pro because yes it has been profitable. But I have not ever taken it to a full time job. I found myself in your shoes a couple years ago. Realizing that these kids didn't care about my "strategy" or "creativity". Being able to read them like a book didn't help because they were always only in or out based on the percentages. There seems to be zero emotion in todays game.

Re-discipline yourself, dive deep into the math of poker and take the emotion out of the game imho.
Lots of creativity still to be found in the game.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Beautifully written... And dead on. Im actually writing a non fiction/ fiction. Might be a new genre... In any case, i need a co writer. Where you from?

I live in the U.S. and I rant sometimes lol.
I appreciate your kind words
what kinda book you doing? I may be interested