Live VS. Online

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i still suck at poker but the point im trying to make is that i see skill being more valuable in live poker.

You suck at poker, but you prefer to play where skill is more valuable?

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always found it interesting that people who cannot succeed online are the ones who want to say that live play requires more skill and that online is "formula", "by the book" and has little skill requirement.

Yes, the skill sets are a bit different but the irrefutable fact is the online skills transfer to live play much better than live skills transfer to online.

And to the idiot who is convinced most bracelet winners have never read a poker book - yeah I'm sure that's the key to their success.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've always found it interesting that people who cannot succeed online are the ones who want to say that live play requires more skill and that online is "formula", "by the book" and has little skill requirement.

Yes, the skill sets are a bit different but the irrefutable fact is the online skills transfer to live play much better than live skills transfer to online.
^^^ yup.

P

PJSeg53

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You think so ?

So far this year I have played two televised final tables at major live tournaments. I also expect to earn over $20,000 this year online, playing two or three evenings a week after my day job, and I certainly wouldn`t claim to be the best or the most successful player here.

Congrats on your success, you need a lil more cockiness in your attitute though...

B

Bowman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online Poker and Table Games

online poker you face much more hands in any given time frame as compared to that of playing Live poker. A player must remember how much to ante up on the blinds, pay attention to the dealer and their actions. Making sure to see the winning hand every hand and be sure that the call on the table is the correct call.
Online, however, sit back and relaxe waiting for that hand you love so much to flop you the nutz involves much less attention. On carbon your even told your best hand, which does help in Omaha games.
I prefer the Live action, as the first hand more times than not you are not going to see 3 people go all-in. Online, a person will go all-in with the attitude any hand will do. If they lose, they will just pick back up and move into another table. At a live game, doing this is a wasted. You had to pay expenses to get where your going, buy in with cash out of your hand. This makes a big difference than just turning on the PC and buyin to a game with your say Carbon funds. You don't actually hold the money first, seems to have a lesser value.
I know besides poker I really enjoy playing blackjack. I do very well at blackjack, especially when I am the only one seated. With a full table, some guys with a 12 will hit get a K while dealer shows 16. When alone, me vs dealer, I have a much better chance.

Organize a Home Poker Game