On-line collusion

Carthalion

Carthalion

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Everybody,

I am not all that worried about it because I mostly play $1 tournaments at pokerstars, but I am still curious about how often players team up during a game.

The most obvious sign I have seen of this is when a player is so blatant as to use the game chat to coach his buddy during the game.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Carthalion :eek:

R

RAMARAIDER

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't really need to worry about it a mtts. Pay attention at 1 table sng's and ring games where players can stay at one table. If you see two or more players at the same tables frequently and are losing showdowns with weird hands, pay attention and records. Serious sites like PS, encourage reporting suspicous activity and are very proactive. I've known several university students who live in dorms and play multiple computers together and beat up on sng's and cash games on other 'big sites ' for two years now. I've reported this to 3 sites I play and PS is the only one that took action and refunded the victims. To this day, they are still making money on the other two. " CAVEAT EMPTOR."

Like Matt says " If you can't spot the sucker, _ _ _ _ _ ."

puppyfeet

puppyfeet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This has come up before, and I think the consensus is that it's an extremely crappy thing to do and that the sites should take action against players that do this kind of stuff!

I bring up again when I was in a tourney on UB and three guys started coaching/helping each other using chat. They weren't even friends, but they were all three from Australia so they thought they'd team up against everyone at the table by announcing their hands or telling the others when they had a "monster," and all three of them were sitting in a row so it was fairly effective. I just sat and waited for premium hands to play until I got moved to another table, so it didn't really hurt me in the game so much as just kinda screw up the game for the whole table while I was there. :mad:

If you've got to cheat to win, maybe poker just isn't your game and you should take up something where cheating is part of the fabric of the game, like Major League Baseball!

lilybo

lilybo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure how often it happens. I think it's easier to spot suspicious behavior if the site makes it known where the players are from. But at the site I play regularly at I see people can lie about that too, there's been a slew of people there recently I noticed are from , thats it just , myself I find that odd. Best thing to do if you suspect something is to report them.

B

bigjoker66

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they were good at cheating I don't think they would be playing $1 games. And if they are at that level they are probably really bad at it.

If its obvious you should report it.

ICU2QTPY

ICU2QTPY

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
That would be really bad to find players cheating at your table.

I would report it, but I would investigate it first before forming a conclusion about it.

puppyfeet

puppyfeet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they were good at cheating I don't think they would be playing $1 games. And if they are at that level they are probably really bad at it.

If its obvious you should report it.

Yeah, like I mentioned in one of the other collusion threads, I knew two guys who tried to get together and collude on a ring table on bodog, and they got their asses handed to them! Served 'em right, too!

DonkeySmash

DonkeySmash

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah MTTs I wouldnt worry about it either. Watch for the 6man and 9man SnGs.. Also alot of freerolls you will see people with simalar names enter the tourney and one sits out and then when the DONK loses he switches to the other dude.. Really annoying.

Smash the DONKEYS

DonkeySmash:joyman: