Life is precious, so is poker

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can open another account on a different Merge skin. Your table name will be used so you get to become creative.

There is a slight possibility you could get in the CC games from some skin other than Carbon. If it shows in the lobby you probably can get in, but the money would be paid to a Carbon account. I think. Confusing as all hell.

And what does SYWTWAF stand for... Got stuck with 'SoYouWantToWinAFreeroll'

SYWTWAF

SYWTWAF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
@ Colin: by all means do double check with Carbon, but I'm pretty sure you should be good to participate in the CC Carbon freerolls :)

And what does SYWTWAF stand for... Got stuck with 'SoYouWantToWinAFreeroll'
Hehe, good guess. I've gotten flak at the tables for my username before, mostly from tilted fish. I've been called "sasldfhkdjfdq" (or something along those lines) and "swtfmofo", and sarcastically been told "nh alphabet". It amuses me to no end :D I chose it precisely because it's meaningful to me, but probably looks like a string of random letters to most people, so they shouldn't draw too many assumptions about my playing style/skill level/identity from it.

It actually stands for "So You Want to Write a Fugue", a somewhat obscure, but (imo) brilliant piece of music.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...That is interesting, I will look into that. I will email Carbon Poker and see what they say, thanks...

If you want to play this week's freeroll I doubt if you'll get a response soon enough. The Carbon staff is swamped and are very slow in relying, if at all. Just so sign up. I'm LarkMarlow at Feltstars because it took over Cake, where I used that name.

I signed up at Carbon through CC as LarkMarlow1 and also at Lock as LarkMarlow2, so you don't have to change your name too terribly much. :)

B

_BadaBing_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FUGUE! Man no one would have ever guessed the meaning of your name :) I have a diff name on each site - my babe has fun picking them for me :) but that one wins the prize - nothin like a Prelude and Fugue in B-Flat Minor :) hahaha love it!

SYWTWAF

SYWTWAF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FUGUE! Man no one would have ever guessed the meaning of your name :) I have a diff name on each site - my babe has fun picking them for me :) but that one wins the prize - nothin like a Prelude and Fugue in B-Flat Minor :) hahaha love it!
Awesome, a kindred soul who actually "gets" fugues! :D Incidentally, the P&F in B-flat minor from WTC Book II is among my favorites! If you like fugues I strongly recommend you look up the piece my name stands for ("So You Want to Write a Fugue" by Glenn Gould; it's on youtube). It's a song... about fugues... written in the form of a fugue, and just might be among the most beautiful & original & uplifting & wittiest things you could ever set your ears on. Be sure to look up the lyrics, too :)

(Also, my apologies for derailing the thread!)

Last edited:
pokerchris

pokerchris

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there any other way to build a bank roll beside playing in CC free roll on carbon? The carbon's free rolls are useless. Does the play money on carbon worthy anything?

ty

B

_BadaBing_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ah ok Colin I need to apologize for railing on in a fugue like state as well then :) Meantime I'm sending good vibes for cash poker wins.

Oh and Fugue I'll check out the tunes :)

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm LarkMarlow at Feltstars because it took over Reefer, where I used that name. I signed up at Carbon through CC as LarkMarlow1 and also at Lock as LarkMarlow2, so you don't have to change your name too terribly much. :)

FMP :D

Sven Deuceman

Sven Deuceman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that is a great tune/piece ? SW but really fugueaboutit

colin i'm completely inspired by how positive and genuine you are . Not to get too bromantic here but I also am going through some health issues thusly giving me endless amounts of time to play poker. I would be honored if you kept me up to date on your progress. I also decided to start a ferguson type challenge and blog about it (I know terribly original but I work in some buddhist principles as well) and at the end of the year of it the BR will go to an animal shelter here. I'm happy to say that I have made slightly over a hundred so far just from freerolls in less than two months. Sorry I didn't want to turn this into an ad for my misadventure but I guess I did. Point being I'm truly inspired by your attitude towards this and look forward to hearing any updates on your progress and wish you the best. in grace

buzzmania

buzzmania

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
glad to see you have good spirits and on a mission.best of luck to you.

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My Best Mate

Hi Colin, I just now saw your post cause I don't stay on-line near as often as before Black Friday. My very best to you mate and good luck in life and poker. Wally

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is there any other way to build a bank roll beside playing in CC free roll on carbon? The carbon's free rolls are useless. Does the play money on carbon worthy anything?

ty

yes, no, sometimes and maybe it depends......

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good Luck in building your bankroll on the new site, which site is it you are gonna play on Gary? Be interested to see how you do.
I play on carbon...started playing back when Buck was hitting sets against me ALL THE TIME :D I do miss the guy :(

on a brighter note...I jump started the bankroll :D
<BRAG>
Jumpstart
</BRAG>
Took out JuiceQueen on a major suckout to win it...Q10 vs AQ and hit the str8

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips