Life as a 23 year old content creator - Ace Poker

A

acepoker444

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I feel that people don’t show their human side enough, so wanted to share some behind the scenes on how content goes.

This poker and content industry is weird.

Hi, my names Anthony. I’m 23 years old, and trying to navigate life just like the rest of us. Take a step into my life.

Had to buy blue again to go on a little personal rant.

I’ve been at such a crossroad lately with my content, relationship with the game, and overall mental state. This past year has been well… hectic to say the least.

I grew up FAST. Right after turning 21, before even graduating from college I got thrown into a new world. I am blessed to have done so, but I quickly had to deal with haters, critics, the endless struggles, and pushing myself through endless times wanting to quit. I never did. The mental toll it took was unbelievable, something I never really talk about. With such quick and early success, I had to learn how to balance my work with personal life. I quickly had to figure out how to manage large sums of money and not be dumb with it.

I’ve been so dead set focused on growing my social medias, pumping out content, and it really affected my mental health.

I’d get super upset when videos didn’t perform, especially after putting some times 20+ hours into videos. I’d get jealous when other people, even friends, achieved great success (always happy for them, but selfishly wished to join them). On that note, I’d get upset and wonder why some other creators seemingly didn’t really want to connect with me (follow me or invite me to play with them separate places). Still to this day I do. I honestly most of the time feel like an outsider in the industry.

But, as of late I’ve been trying to reel in these feelings. I’ve been trying to realize that everyone has so much of their own shit going on, it’s hard to reach out and connect. Maybe some, or most, don’t like me and don’t want to connect, and that’s okay too. I’ve carved out my own little community, achieved so much already, made so many friends that it’s okay. Im at peace with who likes me and who doesn’t. What’s meant to be, will be.

God made me the way I am for a reason. If something doesn’t work out, it wasn’t meant to be. Someone you wanted to connect with doesn’t really seem into it? That’s okay, it wasn’t meant to be. I’ve become at peace with being on gods path and gods journey for me.

I’ve had so many fall outs with employers and companies in this industry who have treated me like shit and it’s okay, I’ll speak on things when the time comes, karma is one hell of a reality, but I am at peace.

I’ve come to realize I am extremely blessed to be able to do what I do. I answer to no one, I’m not in the “9-5 stereotype”, I create what I love for a LIVING. WHO CARES ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE! I’ve been enjoying life more as I care less and less. I want to be the best, always will, but I’ve become at peace knowing if it doesn’t happen, it’s okay. Of course I want 100,000 subscribers, I want 100,000 views every video. I want to be playing on hustler every week. I want all the greats in the industry to like me and want to play with me and invite me places. But, I am 23 years young. In due time, in due time.

For now, I’m learning to enjoy every little piece of life. I’m enjoying working on myself day in and day out. Gym, eat good, work on my craft, spend time with family and friends, pray, and rest. Repeat the cycle. Consistency breeds motivation.

All in all, life is hard, life is tough, each and every person has their own battles and I’m proud of each and every one of you. I always consider every “follower” my family. I’m blessed to think and be the way I am. I’m wise for my age, humbly. It’s for a reason. God knows I will always do good with what I am blessed with. I say it all the time, but will say it again. I am here for all of you. If you feel you have no one, you have me. I love that some of you have taken that to heart and reached out to me with questions. I will never be “too big” to not answer dms or messages. I will take the time to sit and talk to anyone.

joan moreno

joan moreno

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I read every word you wrote, I'll tell you, friend, if you don't mind, I'm also going through the same situation and I can only tell you, don't give up, keep going regardless of the obstacles. In my country, there's a saying that goes something like this, "no matter how dark." and dark is the night, late as early as the sun will rise" that means that without affecting the difficulties, the day will arrive when everything turns out well for us and if I may, I would like to know who you are, you have a follower more and more than a follower, a friend.

R

randolphshaw4

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AU
Chips
For the time being, I'm learning to appreciate every aspect of life. Every day, I look forward to working on myself. Work out at the gym, eat well, practice my craft, spend time with family and friends, pray, and rest. Rep the process. Motivation is bred from consistency.
doodle jump

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
its get to have more content like this. it's like behind the scenes