Let's Build a Bankroll: Version 2.0!

W

WhodeyX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In honor of Chris_TC's epic thread in the months past, I wanted to get this going again. It involved a large number of regular posters and helped everyone out with their bankroll management.

To those who never saw it the first time, simply pick a date when you made your last deposit or just a random starting point (typically a number value that will be easy for percentage calculations in the future like 50, 100, etc.)

I'll start with mine. After a couple of rough runs in the past, I used only Full Tilt Points to gain $26 tokens and come back so I really started with nothing, but for the sake of the thread and also to keep my increase percentages from being ridiculously large looking, I'll say I started at $124, which is what I had after I managed to win a few SNG's with those tokens. I'll recap my last 8 days or so with a brief overview of my play and how I did on the day.

Because I'm a high volume SNG/MTT player, my fluctuations (upswings/downswings) will probably much higher than ring game grinders, so be aware of that fact. To calculate your percentages, simply divide your present day value by your first day's value (i.e. day 2/day 1 = 165%). I color coat mine as a means to see where I was struggling so that I can look back at my play on those days via poker tracker to see what went wrong and how I can improve my play.

Day 1: $124 (100%)
Day 2: $205 (165%)
Day 3: $360 (290%)
Day 4: $608 (490%)
Day 5: $814 (656%)
Day 6: $725 (585%)
Day 7: $624 (503%)
Day 8: $876 (706%)
Day 9: $1,275 (1028%)

Not much to say, I had a sick run with SNG's cashing in the 55% range during day 3 through day 5. Downswing occurred just after as I had trouble getting things going. A ton of fourth place finishes and poor reads on my part along with a rough streak of cards all culminated in a few poor days. The past few days of been littered with big cashes in MTT's and solid SNG play. Yesterday pushed be +$400 for the day and got me over the 1k hump which is always good.

Hopefully we can get this up and running again and help end all of these threads of people using their entire rolls in one sitting and wasting away their bankrolls with poor management.

Remember, try to stick by these guidelines. You can make a judgment call on occasion with the percentage points, but there is never really any reason to exceed past 1 or 2 percentage points of what is suggested

1. Never buy into a cash game or SnG with more than 5% of your bankroll.

2. Never buy into a MTT with more than 2% of your bankroll.

3. If at any time in a no-limit or pot-limit game the money on the table represents more than 10% of your bankroll, leave the game when the blinds come to you.

These are Chris Ferguson's rules to abide by and they will ensure that you don't waste through your bankroll.

Here's to building everyone's bankroll...again
GL!

fcumred

fcumred

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you allowed to start from absolute zero, and use freeroll winnings

:D

W

WhodeyX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you allowed to start from absolute zero, and use freeroll winnings

:D

Absolutely. No limitations whatsoever. Just make sure you are executing good BRM and you're good to go.

fcumred

fcumred

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well good start today then.

T6 poker.

Opening balance = NIL
Balance as of now = $1.45

result..

Rememberthis1

Rememberthis1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll update after the CC freeroll. LET'S GO MANNNNNNN!

l Love Beer

l Love Beer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well after trying to move most of my roll to stars about a week or two ago, and failing as everyone in the world is looking for PS funds, rather than full tilt. I just deposited $100 to fool around with on stars until i can transfer my FT funds over. Anyway i've been keeping track of my progress there and it's been pretty consistent so far.

And I believe i've seen savagepenguin post about 100 times how soft the $2+.20 sat to the Sunday Hundred Grand was and i just wanted to say thanks... As most of my profits have come from this.

Now it's nothing to incredible as i've been very busy in the past week, with work, and preparing to move (tomorrow) but i'm happy with my success so far and i absolutely love the 15 min blinds in MTT's at stars. It's such a huge difference from the 10 min levels at FT. So anyway here's my breif success. I'll try to keep it updated.

BR-PS-V2.
Day 1: 100
Day 2: 116
Day 3: 123
Day 4: 125
Day 5: 123
Day 6: 140
Day 7: 136
Day 8: 156

P

pokerjes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:) hello all i joined on 6/8/08 with a fulltilt br at 0 from fr and sng games i managed to get it up to 36.23 with a bad run of about 10 dollars but that happens i would like to add 50% of my br to my total at the end of every month (ex july 1 14.95 july 31 22.42 aug 1 22.42 aug 31 33.63 and so on) sounds easy enough will see gl at the tables :D :D

ripclawph

ripclawph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, i started out my winnings in freeroll from NIL... got it up to $8 last two weeks ago... and now here's my update:

pokerstars
week1: $8
week2: $13
+1 day: $36

got a big win on a forum tourney... hope to get a good start from here.
wish me luck guys!!!

W

WhodeyX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Day 1: $124 (100%)
Day 2: $205 (165%)
Day 3: $360 (290%)
Day 4: $608 (490%)
Day 5: $814 (656%)
Day 6: $725 (585%)
Day 7: $624 (503%)
Day 8: $876 (706%)
Day 9: $1,275 (1028%)
Day 10: $1,484 (1197%)

Good night tonight. Didn't play all that much but played solid in the SNG's I did play in. I played 1 MTT, the 24+2 $9,500 KO Guarantee. Was chipleader with about 220 to go and then I really hit the skids. A lot of lower kicker hands and a brutal turn in one cost me most of my stack. Can't complain though because I probably had a good 7 or 8 KO's so I made back my buyin plus some. Hopefully I can hit the $2000 mark within the next 7 days. That will be my goal.

I didn't say this in the beginning but set goals for yourself.

Example: If you started off with $10 from freeroll winnings, try to hit the $40 mark in 2 weeks or something in the vicinity

Only you will know how often you play and what is in an attainable realm, but try to set the bar high and consistently move towards your goal.

C

CLARBADEN

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WHODEYX.

what stakes do you play and what sort of sngs are they STT or MTT? seemes like a good profit you making.

W

WhodeyX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WHODEYX.

what stakes do you play and what sort of sngs are they STT or MTT? seemes like a good profit you making.

Mostly $22+$2 and $33+$3 Turbo SNG's. The play at these levels is still fairly atrocious. People play turbo SNG's like they play normal SNG's and get way too tight with the last 4 or 5 people remaining. As long as you are being aggressive in the right spots, it's pretty easy to cash assuming the cards don't go against you later on.

For MTT's, I primarily just play all the $24+$2 buy-ins on FT. Occasionally, I'll play the $3, $5, and $10 rebuys. I'll play the $50+$5 Fifty Fifty and other larger tournaments if I satellite in, otherwise I'll use stay away from those.

If you want to see exactly what I've been playing:
Official Poker Rankings WHODEYX Poker Ratings, Results, Statistics

BTW, most of my sessions start at 8 or 9 PM and run until 3 or 4 AM, so my earnings from day to day are different from what I post in this thread (the beginning and ending of each individual session)

fcumred

fcumred

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Opening balance = NIL
22/7/08 = $1.45
23/07/08 = $9.37

fcumred

fcumred

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It gets better.

bodog account.

Yesterday - Balance = NIL
Today - Balance = $1.64

Two cashes in one day. Once courtesy of CCs freeroll tonight, and were it not for a very lucky flush during an all in coinflip that would look even better.

But progress is progress..

Paranormal

Paranormal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok i cleared out all but 300 on my FTP account just to do this.. so

day 1 $300

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management