Large or Small Starting BR

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok Im thinking about depositing really soon on either poker stars or Full Tilt easy right?.....well I used to have a fairly large BR well not that big but it was a little over 1k$ on FT about a year ago(I cashed it out to 100$ and lost that)....anyways while I had that BR I seemed to have done well and made more money than lost.....what I am trying to get at is should I deposit more than the minimum to handle the losses....lately ive been getting money transfered like 20$ or 30$ and I play micros and small tournies and sngs to build it up but it just vanishes....so what should I do will a small deposit eventually blow up if i keep trying and playing solid poker????

EagleEyeKing

EagleEyeKing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i dont know, i deposited $30 yesterday and am up to $75 as of now, playing the .10/.20 nl games as that is the lowest ame offered at my site of choice which is truepoker. Thus far things are going well, playing tight and being choosy about your aggresive moments is the bet way to go, dont go stur-crazy because the blinds are too low ro anything. I'm not a great player myself but I manage to take home about $500/wk and im happy with that. That's my real BR, the $30 is an experiment to build on. To answer your question, no it's not bad to start with a small BR as long as you can manage it wisely, even better you wont be tempted to play anything you shouldnt as you might with a larger bank roll.