Lack of Luck?

B

BOMDEBLEF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
20k pot
my AK hand, I prefer to isolate everything in the opponent's shove, he calls KQ and I end up losing

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lack of luck, lack of cards, you are not alone..

You played right, correct poker in your scenario. You got outdrawn, bad for you, great for your enemy.
Accepting tough beats is part of poker; it doesn't make the loss any less painful at the time, though.
Hang in there, keep playing. Every once in a while, you'll be on a roll, winning easily, cracking high pairs. Enjoy those victories, don't expect them, if you want to keep your poker emotions on an even keel.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello
I think every player has such days, personally I had such a day yesterday, all day my premium hands were running over small pairs and connectors. There are no two winners in this game.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah just yesterday i had AA cracked two times in 5 minutes.
And one of them was vs QJ.
And flop was 973.
And yes i did bet that flop two thirds.
Little stinker called.
Turn J.
River Q.
But i still closed session with double my bankroll.
True Poker player dont talk about luck. With enough still you can turn luck your way.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately this happens to everyone all the time. It’s tough when you are the person that’s all in and get knocked out on a bad beat but as long as you make the right play each time, there’s nothing else you can do. This is why getting a bigger than average stack is important. That way when (not if) you lose one of these hands you are still alive.

And remember, you recall the times you lose these hands much more than the times you win holding KQ vs AK or some other underdog hand.

M

matiascecci1990

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That happens sometimes, it's the random part of poker. But you have played well, you will win more times.

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anything can happen, this poker everything is possible here.

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can avoid "lack of luck" situations with pot-control.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
These are things that will always happen in poker, you have to accept them and adapt to them, take them with great serenity and continue in the game with a fresh head, there are even days when playing your best game, you lose

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Failure to fail on the bubble, the rest is fixable)

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You still need to keep playing it right, and in the end, your diligence will be rewarded. Remember this as a prayer.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who will be unlucky in the long run is your opponent, I know that this kind of situation is complicated and that's not how we see it at the time, but it is part of it.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No luck? so it happens and unfortunately my game practice often.I think that you should not waste your nerves on empty conversations.try to watch the flop first.and then shove your AK.After all, there are many positions and hands that will simply kill your cards, such as small pockets.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happens to us all, one of those unfortunate hands.

T

TUGIN777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To win, you can't think that I'm unlucky. You need to stick to your game. You played it right.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.It is part of the game.Unfortunately,we tend to remember those hands but forget when we win a pot with a bad hand.Good luck next time

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
This happens to everyone, it is poker. But in general, in my opinion, the lack of luck, above all, indicates a lack of skill and experience.
Good luck.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you cannot be results orientated in your review. yes you lost this pot due to variance but make sure you keep making the correct plays and in the long run you will be +ev

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I avoid investing too much to KQ, because usually appears AX couple. But KQ will win its times, it is maths!

SgtStarMan

SgtStarMan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Man, that is nothing. Play long enough and you will lose straight flush over straight flush, quads over full house, etc. All part of the game; variance.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The opponent had 30% to win and he converted them !!! I don’t know the whole situation, maybe your opponent played correctly regarding position and the number of chips !!! But what is most important in this situation, you played correctly, and in the end, if you continue to perform the correct actions, then the result will be the one you need !!!

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lack of luck is a factor of the game that every player has, the main thing is to survive this moment and luck will surely come.

Brentsn

Brentsn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah just yesterday i had AA cracked two times in 5 minutes.
And one of them was vs QJ.
And flop was 973.
And yes i did bet that flop two thirds.
Little stinker called.
Turn J.
River Q.
But i still closed session with double my bankroll.
True Poker player dont talk about luck. With enough still you can turn luck your way.
AAs were not my friend yesterday as well. I went on a run almost all day long where I lost 12 flips with AAs. 7 times I had AAs and lost 3 times I ran my pocket KK/QQ/JJ into AAs and lost. The other two I was UTG made min and in the bb and made 1/2 blind. Also three k and 1 Q high flushes would take me out near money bubble or final table when that hand would set me up for a good cash. It was one of those days where you’re just sick to your stomach because you’re laughing as you know the wrong card is coming on the sewer again and again leaving you thinking why do I even play this &$@!ing game.

Brentsn

Brentsn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately this happens to everyone all the time. It’s tough when you are the person that’s all in and get knocked out on a bad beat but as long as you make the right play each time, there’s nothing else you can do. This is why getting a bigger than average stack is important. That way when (not if) you lose one of these hands you are still alive.

And remember, you recall the times you lose these hands much more than the times you win holding KQ vs AK or some other underdog hand.
I get tired of having that big stack after the bubble bursts. Pretty hole cards always just chip away at my stack. Always flopping 4/5 a straight 4/5 the nut flush and bottom pair only to face a bet and feel whichever way you decide to go it will be the wrong one. Your card only seems to come after you fold and if you stay you are just throwing away 2-10 blinds. Then you get to do it again because you have AK in your next hand.

Brentsn

Brentsn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man, that is nothing. Play long enough and you will lose straight flush over straight flush, quads over full house, etc. All part of the game; variance.
It’s not that it happens, it’s always when it happens that hurts.