Known players you've played against online?

T

torosanti012

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so I entered this 3.30 tournament on full tilt and get moved to a new table in which i was sat next to the wsop main event 5th place finisher Scott Montgomery, now i was pretty surprised. This kind of things don't usually happen specially when the guy won almost 4 million and the WSOP. so here are my two questions; have you ever played online and been seated next to a well known player and also why do you think some players (like Scott Montgomery
) play such low games?

W

waterboy73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before Black Friday, when I played at FTP, there were numerous times I playes vs Red Pro's in low stakes MTT's. Andy Block, Gabreilla Hill, and about 8 others I can't recall their names ATM. I have gotten a handful of Tshirts for KO'ing a few as well, plus the bounty. I'm pretty sure they are contracted into playing some lower stakes games, as it draw in more players. The chance to "play with the pro's."

D

DillerDaller

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Played against Jungleman once, when one of my "richer" friends decided to give it a go at the highest stakes available. It was a €40,000 experience for him and it was fun to play some hands against one of the best players in the world. Just happy it wasn't my money :D

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back when FTP was operational and when the pros sat at the lower stakes I played a .50/1 NL table with Clonie Gowen (who later became a huge source of contention with FTP if the stories are true). I doubled through her with a set over set flop. Was pretty cool.

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Justin Bonomo back in the day on bodog...

a few others but honestly I am running a blank right now

A

ariolis30

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
huck seed, morris chestnut, gilbert arenas, scout326 just to name a few haha

S

sotakid80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
havent played any pros online, but i have played with Lon McEachern and gavin smith bought me in to a turnimint he was the guest in. i bought him a few drinks at the club i work in and he offered and i took him up on it.

S

Stan rogers

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]My biggest suggestion is to talk to people. find a trade hub and look at some of the ships coming out of the unlock of the main station there. People are most of the time very willing to help a newbie out. For most cases there was someone who helped us out when we first started.[/FONT]

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alot, of which Barry Greenstein (before BF) and Chris Moorman might be the best known.
Once have been at a FT with AltyAA.
Well there's plenty more but don't remember them all.
Nowadays actually very rare tho, because of playing pretty low stakes.

edit....forgot to mention Wizowizo (Ole Schemion) and ImaLucSac.

D

dead homie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the first time i played a sunday million i played annette 15 (annette obersted) who i didnt know who she was at the time and she got first and 20,000. i dont even think she was legal age at the time.

Peteyweestro

Peteyweestro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back when there was a room named " Doyles Room " they held a knock out tourny every Wed i think it was and they had 3 pro's play every time. The thing was that if you knocked out 1 pro you got $1000.00 and if you some how knocked out all 3 you got like $10,000.00. Well on my 3rd try i knocked out Doyles son, i can't for the life of me remember his name and i actually got my money paid out to me in like 3 days. Man those were the days. :)

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Back when there was a room named " Doyles Room " they held a knock out tourny every Wed i think it was and they had 3 pro's play every time. The thing was that if you knocked out 1 pro you got $1000.00 and if you some how knocked out all 3 you got like $10,000.00. Well on my 3rd try i knocked out Doyles son, i can't for the life of me remember his name and i actually got my money paid out to me in like 3 days. Man those were the days. :)

I remember those games, played a few
sat with mike caro and doyles daughter for long time- was cool
mike lucked out on me 3 times and I never got the big bounty:(
only pros Ive sat with

fasteddee74

fasteddee74

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played with Dennis Phillips on Stars in the Sunday Storm. Jeremey Ausmus in a Pocket Fives Open. Played live with Jason Senti in a MSPT 1K, he was directly to my right for a good 4-5 hours when we got down to 3 tables. Real nice personable guy.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't know about online but live I played with Terry ring (MSPT champion) Max Steinberg (WSOP bracelet winner) and some other pro's in which names I don't remember

Both of whom are from Iowa like myself

I use to play XBL with Jeremiah Vinsant

Last edited:
PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been on the same table as Oklahoma Johnny Hale,Tom McEvoy,Mike Sexton.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
last year it was tournament on FTP with a 1 mil. prize pool (i have forgotten the name), where i came via satellite, there i played with "findagrind" (Patrick Antonius)