knocked off CC site???

T

trouble92

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Is anyone else having a problem of getting knocked off this site when they are typing in a response or starting a new thread. I always check the remember me box , but that does'nt always work for me

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it that you are logged in as a different user ? If it is just click refresh, nothing to worry about

T

trouble92

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
No. Seems like when ever it takes more than a few minutes to type it out it happens. I always make sure to check the remember box but it still happens and i lose what I was typing in

pkrplr4116

pkrplr4116

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was just about to post this same thing, too
It happens all day

T

trouble92

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Atleast it's not just me. LOL It can be very frustrating when you have taken the time to type something of any length and it happens. I find I type faster so it does'nt happen and make alot more typing mistakes. LOl So please forgive any errors

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. Seems like when ever it takes more than a few minutes to type it out it happens. I always make sure to check the remember box but it still happens and i lose what I was typing in

Happens from time to time. No website or server is perfect. Time of day, number logged in, your connection, - many things can be a factor.

If you have taken the time to type a well thought out reply, I always find it usefull to highlight what you wrote - and 'copy' it, either through the 'edit' feature of your browser or Control'C' (for Windows). No matter what OS use use, copy it first, then hit 'submit'. If you get logged out, you simply 'paste' it after you log back in. Nothing lost. (I learned the hard way too :D )

Another option if you are typing lengthy posts is to do it in a word program first. Notepad is what I use. If you sit a long time with that window open, you are one of the many taking space on the CC servers. The server has no way of knowing you are 'actively' typing a long post. When CC is busy, a server DOES recognize that there seem to 40 log-ins that seem to be inactive. It doesn't know whether you are typing or went to eat dinner and forgot to log out.

Hope that helps a bit.....;)

Leo 50

Leo 50

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find if I'm reading a lengthy group of posts and get to the end, I am usually knocked off and have to login again.
I usually find that this has happened AFTER I have written a lengthy response to the thread.
:mad: :confused:

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find if I'm reading a lengthy group of posts and get to the end, I am usually knocked off and have to login again.
I usually find that this has happened AFTER I have written a lengthy response to the thread.
:mad: :confused:

If you didn't click the 'remember me' feature when you logged in, you can always click your 'refresh' button while reading. It may/might take you to a different place than you were reading in the list of replies, but keeps you from losing connection. Remember which reply # you were reading before you click the 'refresh' and you can easily scroll back to where you were.

If not - read my last post about copying. If you do, you will never be mad, confused or frustrated again over this issue. ... ;)

P

pokerjes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this just happened to me. i was watching the bodog game had the window minimized and when i pulled it back up within about 3 seconds it kicked me off. i just logged back on and every thing was fine, i am sure it was nothing to worry about ;)