Killing it

D

DaHawk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I'm not killing it but I've been making the final table numerous times in tournaments. I step up and play cash games and it seems like I get smoked. What gives? Anyone have the similar problem? I know there is a difference but I still get smoked and sometimes by 1 outera!!!! Wtf!!

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well, I'm not killing it but I've been making the final table numerous times in tournaments. I step up and play cash games and it seems like I get smoked. What gives? Anyone have the similar problem? I know there is a difference but I still get smoked and sometimes by 1 outera!!!! Wtf!!
Tournaments and cash games are simply different animals!

Read up on cash game strategy and the differences between tournament & cash game play.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have long since concluded that tournaments bring me the main profit. Cash games are too difficult for me, so I stopped playing them. Everything is simple.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's great that you get to the final table very often. This means you need to play more tournaments.

D

DaHawk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have long since concluded that tournaments bring me the main profit. Cash games are too difficult for me, so I stopped playing them. Everything is simple.

I think I might just do the same.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
DaHawk, the same situation happens to me. I think we go "very thirsty to the pot", literally.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cash games are a much more complex type of poker! There we play in 100 bb stacks and make more complex decisions!

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I stopped playing cash a while ago. I am not that type of player (grinder).