kill because of poker

JAMILE1

JAMILE1

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, I will never support more gun legislation. As Egon points out, additional legislation only affects law abiding citizens. Old axioms apply...guns don't kill people, people kill people. Guns are nothing more than a tool that helps facilitate the process. As far as I'm concerned, the only gun control I support is using two hands to aim. In fact, I'm highly in favor of a concealed carry law.

^^^^^^^^^Totally agree with everything here^^^^^^^^^^ The bad trip is that any law-abiding citizen who wishes to own a gun has to basically go through an act of congress to get it.

What ever happened to the old mano-a-mano? those were better they lasted longer
As some of the locals here say "Tunda vs Tunda":D

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah but I doubt 3 people would just sit there and allow themselves to be stabbed.....

A gun is just like boom headshot - boom headshot - boom headshotx2.

3 people should be able to overpower or smarter, run, from a knife wielding psychopath. The damage you can do with a gun is VASTLY greater than what you can do with a knife.

Yep, better guns laws imo.

You obviously completely missed Vanq's point. Most crimes are committed with illegally obtained guns.

If you take guns away from people, bad guys will always have access to them, and yet regular people will not.

It's funny how most anti-gun activists don't understand the concept of illegally obtained firearms.

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think they were practicing proper BRM.

As for gun control, if the people who are LEGALLY allowed to own guns could carry them, we would probably have less problems. If you read on the Luby's Massacre and similar stories, you usually find that someone involved had a license to carry, but the location they are in did not allow firearms. Had most of these people carried their weapons things MAY have been different. Maybe it's my "old west" Texas ways still in me, but if you have the right to carry, you should be able to. As it is now, if someone wants to rob a bank or go on a killing spree somewhere, what do they have to be affraid of... cameras? Wooptie-doo. BUT, if those same people had to worry that the personal banker behind them may have a weapon in his desk, or ANY of the patrons in the bank have a weapon on them... they may think twice. OR, if someone has to worry that ANY teacher/school official may have a weapon on them, they may think twice before entering a school/business. As it is now, there is NO threat to someone that wants to do harm to others... and a lot of harm at that.

With that though, there would have to be strict laws on firearm usage. For example: If you brandish your weapon in traffic/public for no need, either your license should be taken away or suspended period. AND it should be similar to a car in that you may have to take a class to carry it and then maybe take a refresher class every X years to keep your license.

Dewmz

Dewmz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my defense, I had a migraine when I read it..and saw where he got it..just wasn't thinking clearly enough at the time I responded..

A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Dang it Pantin
Thought you were placing a "want add" till I opened the thread...:D

Of couse my idea of gun control is to hit what you're aiming at and like JD said use 2 hands! The rest of the time my guns are locked in a safe. I too was raised with a lot of old west values and firearms are tools for me and my son to gathering substanance from the bounties of nature to feed my family.

It is a long proven fact that when gun contol is increased criminal activity increases also in today's society. I grew up in an area where most everyone owned guns and violent crime/gun crime was completely unheard of. No sense of my rehashing all the positive coments against gun control all ready said, they are all very good points.

Think about the posts where there is heavy gun control, who has the guns??? Not enough, let's look at it from a different dirrection. Think about pre WWII germany and Hitler disarming the public (Yea gun control activists!). His henchmen had little trouble terrorising whom ever they wished and anyone who complained about it afterwards ended up dead too.

Infringing on the right to bear arms is simply not acceptable, getting crimials off the streets is the only way to help stop violent crimes. All of the guys involved had criminal histories (more than likely drugs and theft) and the shooter had 18 convictions therefore none could legaly own guns, what more proof do you need? How in the world would gun control help here???

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Sorry, I will never support more gun legislation. As Egon points out, additional legislation only affects law abiding citizens. Old axioms apply...guns don't kill people, people kill people. Guns are nothing more than a tool that helps facilitate the process. As far as I'm concerned, the only gun control I support is using two hands to aim. In fact, I'm highly in favor of a concealed carry law.

This just brought a tear to my eye.

Supreme Court ruled there was nothing wrong because they had no obligation to protect them. So if the police don't have to protect you and we can't own a gun to protect ourselves, what self-defense do we have?

I thought the police were paid from the public purse.

Those justices need to be shot.:rolleyes:

P

pogreshilly

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to ignore all the gun-control-related off-topicalia (and here I include those both for and against it, since this is cardschat not politicschat). Hot-button issues bore me silly, and besides I'm Canadian and we already have fairly stiff gun control up here.

Shooting someone you thought cheated you at poker is a time-old tradition dating back to the earliest days of the game. The only diff is back then it took longer to load the musket. But even then not everybody shot everybody he took a bad beat from. It depended on whom you played with, which basically depended on whom you hung out with. A guy with 18 prior convictions is unlikely to just go "aw shucks" when he gets upset about anything. So IMO the poker angle here is a mirage. This is a story about some career baddies getting violent over an illegal financial transaction gone sour, same as a drug deal.

If you fancy yourself a good poker player then you should be able to get a read on people when you first meet them before going to one of their homes for a game. Oh, you mean you don't first go for a beer at a bar with the guys you intend to play with, in order to get to know them? Silly you.