B

bignutz515

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
2ns6ubr.jpg

Hey Guys/Gals,
I just joined your forum but thought I would share a little about a recent win. Lately I have been playing on NLOP (Mike Sexton promotes this site) and have been trying to win a seat to their NLOP Players Championship in Vegas. Its not a major thing ... top prize is only $20,000 but hey its money & its a vegas tourney & its Mike Sexton & other poker celebs.....so hey ;)
I qualified for the final the other night and even though it was a Thu. night decided to give it a go. Normally my personal private life doesnt extend to getting to stay up several hours at night to play in poker tourneys as i get up at 4:30am every day and wife does too. Last night I was determined to see how far I could go because I
really wanted to go play in this. My wife said give it your best shot so I did. With about 8 people to go I had been card dead awhile ... was chip leader with 20 to go but downhill since. I was dropping chips like a cow on laxatives as Vince Van Patten put it once.
I looked over at the wife and said well babe we can both go to bed soon im getting really tired & looks like things are getting grim. She smiles & said no ... shes going to bed ... but I better get that chip lead back & win it so we could go to Vegas and have a real honeymoon. From that point on its was like a thing of beauty. Every hand went just perfectly til 3 to go. I was chip leader and holding KJ with a flop of KQ10. 2nd checked to me & I bet the pot he quickly went all in. I had been playing with this guy for 2 hrs straight never left my table. All night long when he bet that quick he was trying to push players off the pot while holding a mediocre hand & it had cost him more than he had won. I put him on AQ or maybe K w/no kicker. Well I was wrong! He had AK!
My tourney wouldnt be over if the hand ended there but I would be a crippled 2nd place with only 1st paying out. Low and behold ... my lovely river was a 9..... A 9! I am sure he was yelling plenty of choice words and as well he should be but at the end of the hand I had a chip lead over 3rd 128k to 18k .... it took a few more hands but
I finally finished it off.
Should I have told you about that hand? Should I have pretended I dominated the whole thing? I dunno Im human and mistakes happen in poker. So do rivers. I hope some of you guys & gals win a spot as well and head to Vegas on 8/1/09 ... would love to put some faces with the names. Still trying to win my way out for the big party in the summer out there (WSOP) but if not definitely still looking forward to 8/1/09!
Good Luck & Great Cards To Ya All! Oh yeah, if your looking for a great new poker book my buddy Frank has just finished his book and its coming off the presses as we speak. He has been working on this monster for the past 6 years and its finally complete. I helped him out with a few chapters but the strategies are all his and they are just great. I recommend fully to check out his site if your interested in learning some new poker strategies or if you just want to read a great book. Lots of other info as well on other forms of poker, best places to play, etc.
Almost forgot to mention this! Jerry Yang the 2007 WSOP Main Event Champion is also on board with this book! He loved the copy we sent to him & Frank flew out to Cali and played some cards with him as well. Jerry is an awesome guy and a great player. He wrote the front cover endorsement!

Check it out at: http://www.eatprofessionalpokerplayersalive.com
There is also a promo video out at: YouTube - Eat Professional Poker Players Alive! (Video 3)
Ok enough for now hope to see you guys/gals on the felt!!!
Glenn aka bignutz515
email:gfranco@eatprofessionalpokerplayersalive.com
http://www.myspace.com/fatcatsbignutz515
Screenshot of NLOP Win!
n65pmt.jpg

Royal Vegas - Leo Vegas - Sky Vegas