which is why i apologized to him
however i still think it was an idiot move

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe, but it really depends on what he thinks of you (your table image, stats, etc.) and if he thinks you're capable of laying down top or second pair to his obvious flush/overpair. Remember with the way you played the hand he really can't put you on the made flush, so he has to think he might be able to push you off your hand.

Unrelated, what's the trophy in your av??

Paw_kit Aces

Paw_kit Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No one, in this thread at least, has been insulting to you. But if you think they have just imagine how you'd feel if someone had called you an idiot. Now imagine that same person who called you an idiot did it only AFTER they took your chips. I think you're smart enough to get the picture. Throwing around insults at the table is just bad form.

I agree, I don't believe anybody was insulting you, they were simply giving you a little tough love, because your opponent’s play was not as bad as you describe and your play was not as great as you think it was, in fact you got lucky and sucked out, we all do sometimes and we've all taken the bad beat (if you want to call that a bad beat) of having our opponent catching their flush on the turn or river. Lets face it you very easily could have lost the hand, for instance what if he had a pair of 10s if the board would have paired on the river, your flush would have been worthless. You own words were “I am ashamed to admit I laughed at him and called him all kind of stupid names." Since you were "ashamed" you know you were out of line and the line “all kinds of stupid names” implies more then just saying “idiot” after he called you a donk.

So you see everybody felt you were being a little arrogant so they let you know about it. Every discussion board I have ever been too will be brutally honest with you, that you can count on, but don’t let that stop you from posting your early morning musings, we (at least I like to read about them). :D

B

baby kahuna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This will be my third time at the wsop. Ill be there from the 17th to the 27th so Ill just miss you. The first time I was there I won a satellite at the RIO to enter into a smaller tournament. I busted that table up. I thought I was great. Had $1500 in my pocket. Entered the tounament.
The first 20 minutes Im humming along and then all of a sudden Im busted out with A/9 2 pair by a set of 9's. I really felt like an idiot.
I went up stairs to my room and my wife who was getting ready to come down and railbird me was startled and said "What Happened!!!". I just looked at her and didnt know what to say. Fortunately she didnt call me an idiot and said lets get lunch. I learned a lesson that day.
I bring up the Bellagio thing because I'm reminded by Phil Ivey getting confronted by Phil Hellmuth when Hellmuth was talking about how great he was and how he is the top bracelet winner at the WSOP. He turned to Phil Ivey and said "I'd like to get you in a game Ivey".
Ivey said calmly "You know where I am. We got a table at the Bellagio. Ill be there" You could hear a pin drop. Every pro in the room turned to look at Hellmuth and he just turned around like he didnt hear it. Ivey didnt even blink.

Seraphi

Seraphi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the trophy in my avatar is the first major tourney i won
first place out of 1580 people

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got lost after you raised from UTG with A7 trying to steal...

Seraphi

Seraphi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well its something i picked up from annette_15
u can steal from any position
and i don't play the BOOK way
thats ridiculous the book is a guide not the rule
i have my own style of playing and i switch from tight aggressive
to loose aggressive u have to advance from playing the way
the "book" says and develop your own style
sometimes i raise from UTG with suited connectors sometimes
i fold them i am in it for the long haul not because some
book told me what hands to play

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play alot from UTG any half competent player is going to make you pay hard. I'd be very careful about "picking up" something from other players, because different players have different strengths. Even if annette_15 did advocate stealing from UTG (which makes no sense at all) you don't have her skill in post flop play/reads etc. in order to be able to follow through with such a move.

You might find once you no longer play play money or micro stakes that players actually have an understanding of position, and will gladly make you pay for leaks such as raising suited connectors/rag aces etc from UTG.

Seraphi

Seraphi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK Im probably gonna get kicked for this
but u just insulted the crap out of me and im gonna
speak my mind

#1 You Have NO idea what my skill strength is
I made over 100k in LIVE POKER last year I have not
worked at a regular job since i left the marines and i
own a Highrise at the Renaissance in TEXAS that i pay
2100 a month for. I just bought a 2003 infinity G35 which
I paid cash for and ALL of those were paid for by poker winnings

#2 i didnt say i play ALOT from under the gun
good lord do u not read what i write
i said that i switch from time to time
and i dont only play MICRO stakes
will you PLEASE stop jumping to conclusions
i play mostly 100 dollar live tourneys but
i like to grind online because i can get a game
anytime. I also have strict bankroll management

#3 and how the HE*L do u know if i have the skill to
make post flops or reads? I play position myself and i understand
alot more than you think and maybe when you grow up and
stop judging people based on a stupid stats page that means
NOTHING in the real swing of things. ANYTIME you wanna play
me heads up and see if i have the SKILL to follow through
in such a move you let me know.

I apologize to cardschat for this post in advance but i am NOT
gonna sit here and be insulted like that by someone who knows
NOTHING about me other than what sharkscope and OPR says

Seraphi

Seraphi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
btw i WIN tournaments with suited connectors
and i never said i play rag aces

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone keeping up with the bacherlorette this season? I think Tila Tuiquila might pick a girl this season.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Um ok...

First of all i didn't insult you and if you take exception to what i said that is your issue not mine. It is the fault of nobody but yourself that you post so ridiculously aggressively and take offense to everything.

Second of all, if you made $100 000 in poker last year, and made a "im so happy" post in this forum because you increased your real money account by 11$ and you are still playing play money, well um yea...it is the internet, i honestly couldn't care less what you want to say/make up about your "life" because ofc i can't confirm nor deny it, nor do i give a rat's ass.

Thirdly, i never said you didn't have any skill post flop etc, i said you don't have the same skill as somebody like annette_15 to try and copy how she plays.

As for the HU offer...i play as feitr @ pokerstars and i would be more than happy to play you HU anytime. Anytime tomorrow and i should be good to play :)

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's only 2.2 to 1 if you get to see both cards. If the turn isn't a club and he makes the same move, all you've done is give away your chips.

BTW, we all look brilliant when we catch, but would you have posted this hand had the turn been the Qs???
Exactly!! "Both cards" meaning 2 cards for 1 action as in all in. It amazes me how many people make this mistake. I guess since most beginners dive right into No-Limit, it is easy to get the facts mixed up. I'm so glad I started out at Limit Hold'em before I moved to NL.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well its something i picked up from annette_15
u can steal from any position
and i don't play the BOOK way
thats ridiculous the book is a guide not the rule
i have my own style of playing and i switch from tight aggressive
to loose aggressive u have to advance from playing the way
the "book" says and develop your own style
sometimes i raise from UTG with suited connectors sometimes
i fold them i am in it for the long haul not because some
book told me what hands to play
LMAO! You "don't play by the book", but you call someone else an "idiot" for not playing by the book either? Or was it because they weren't playing by your book?

Seraphi

Seraphi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no i call him an idiot for making an idiotic move
and i am SO HAPPY because it is a new challenge that
is going well
have u never just challenged yourself ?
or does that not fit into your swing of things

B

baby kahuna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But you were so happy in the money in that $1.10 tournament. And I was so happy for you. That you were going to make final table. I really really was happy for you and now you make me so sad that you are online just to play with us. While your real deal is making thousands of dollars live. What an interesting life you live.

Seraphi

Seraphi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it just got more interesting
add 65 more dollars to my bankroll
from the cardschat tourney at 5:00 pm
on full tilt so now you have reason to be happy
again