Baoka

Baoka

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Many people post losing hands to the group to ask how to play. In most of these hands, they lose because they have a bad beat (for example, 2 pairs all in on the flop, the dealer calls and buys out on the river), or they get cooler (for example, AK hits AA, small box hits flush). big...). Poker is different from sports like tennis, soccer, chess... In most fields, if you lose, the main reason is because you are weaker than your opponent, or you made a mistake. In poker, you can do everything right and still lose. Because since childhood, we have always been trained to think: wrong results mean we did wrong, "getting a bad score means not studying well", "failing the exam means not working hard enough", "being refused a job". meaning not good enough", etc., so many people have difficulty comprehending and accepting the new way of thinking in poker: short-term results have nothing to do with whether you play correctly or incorrectly. In poker, only long distance can tell if a horse is good.
When you lose a big pot, the common feelings are sadness, frustration, and disappointment. Instead of beating yourself up over the results, stay calm and review each of your actions during the game, asking yourself if there is any place where you could have played better. And if you don't do anything wrong but still lose, be comfortable, be proud of your play, and believe that when you play correctly, in the long run you will win.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is what I say almost every time, patience, trust and hope, for sure once and for all I will win what I want.🙂

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree, due to variance you can make multiple correct choices and still end up on the wrong side of the results.

Baoka

Baoka

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Đây là điều tôi nói gần như mọi lúc, kiên nhẫn, tin tưởng và hy vọng, chắc chắn một lần và mãi mãi tôi sẽ giành được điều mình muốn.🙂
Good luck

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Many people post losing hands to the group to ask how to play. In most of these hands, they lose because they have a bad beat (for example, 2 pairs all in on the flop, the dealer calls and buys out on the river), or they get cooler (for example, AK hits AA, small box hits flush). big...). Poker is different from sports like tennis, soccer, chess... In most fields, if you lose, the main reason is because you are weaker than your opponent, or you made a mistake. In poker, you can do everything right and still lose. Because since childhood, we have always been trained to think: wrong results mean we did wrong, "getting a bad score means not studying well", "failing the exam means not working hard enough", "being refused a job". meaning not good enough", etc., so many people have difficulty comprehending and accepting the new way of thinking in poker: short-term results have nothing to do with whether you play correctly or incorrectly. In poker, only long distance can tell if a horse is good.
When you lose a big pot, the common feelings are sadness, frustration, and disappointment. Instead of beating yourself up over the results, stay calm and review each of your actions during the game, asking yourself if there is any place where you could have played better. And if you don't do anything wrong but still lose, be comfortable, be proud of your play, and believe that when you play correctly, in the long run you will win.
You have a very deep knowledge of poker! I enjoyed reading your post. And it is clear that in terms of psychology your knowledge is at the highest level! I am very glad to read your threads and I hope you will stay on this forum for a long time. :unsure::geek:

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, of course not, it is a sequence of good and bad decisions that leads you to win or lose, but in the long term if you do things well you will obtain good results, there are days when you may be making the right decisions but there was a bab beat and you lose that does not define you as a bad player, as you said you have to have patience and hope in yourself and you will achieve great results.

Arthurinacio17a

Arthurinacio17a

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
every time we lose is a lesson for the future

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
That is true, but its tillting as hell

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree, but winning a hand doesn’t mean you played correctly? or the winners are not judged? Personally, it gives me little comfort when you fly out of a tournament after a bad beat and try to console yourself that the distance will return everything

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Staying calm and constantly analyzing our play when we loose a pot or bust a tournament is excellent advice Baoka! This is how a winning poker player thinks.

N

ngocanhs618a

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
VN
Chips
That is correct, in poker there is no absolute victory when 5 cards have not been dealt. A weak player will always complain that he has a badbeat but he doesn't understand that badbeat is a part of poker.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It does sting sometimes, but try, try again! lol

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, completely agree with you. But it took years to me to accept that bad beats will always happen and there are days that no mattter how good we play, we will lose.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
That's right, badbeats will always be simple no matter how good you play and whatever cards you can lose anytime and anywhere in poker it happens all the time so you need to have patience and strength to get this way, many people just lose with strong hands and think all poker is bad but not everyone has days like this in poker

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
We should wait for our luck. Of course, skills are needed. But the main thing is to defeat variance.

Ogma

Ogma

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Something I've been pondering lately, should we wait for our luck or does fortune favour the brave?
Do you get creative with that suited AK or do you risk less and see a flop? There's always some donk gonna call you with A9 and hit a 9.
I took a fella all in pre-flop with AK yesterday and he called with 5 2 off. The stacks were huge, about 25 BBs. He had no reason to call except obstinacy. And guess who won the hand? Not me.

If you're in a good seat, be careful when you move tables. And vice versa.

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I completely agree with you, sometimes I have to congrats myself even if I lose a hand that was completely won, but because of the last cards they got an unexpected color or something like that

V

Viking26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is not 100% skill and matts.. Theres a little luck to

B

braingueu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It absolutely resonates with that. It's a common tendency to share the ups and downs in poker communities. Bad beats and coolers can be brutal, but that's the nature of the game. Unlike many sports or activities where a loss indicates a mistake or weakness, poker is unique because even a flawless game can end in a loss. Shifting from the ingrained idea that poor results mean personal failure can be challenging, but it's fundamental in poker. The short-term variance is real and only the long game reveals true skill. Then, when those big pots disappear, I try to focus on the process, evaluate my decisions, and remember that, as long as I play correctly, the wins will come in the long run. It's a change of mentality, for sure!

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course you're right, friend. Just because you lost doesn't mean you made a mistake, poker is largely a game of luck. I very often put myself in preflop against players when I have a better hand, but I get run over, which means I played correctly, I was just unlucky.

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
there is no mistake just bad luck

Achrarock

Achrarock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
Absolutely, poker involves an element of chance, and even skilled players can lose due to the unpredictable nature of the game. Making the right decisions doesn't guarantee a win every time.

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If you put your chips being ahead, it's a good decision. The outcome is out of your control. Only decisions are.

P.S. As Lady Luck is definitely a female dog, a few minutes after my post, I had to live this:Annotation 2024 01 08 223251Annotation 2024 01 08 223251

I can't say I played badly, nevertheless I was the bubble boy, after losing with more than 80% in my favor! Thit happenth!

Last edited:
P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Its just the way the cookie crumbles.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Totally agree. It's part of the game, the opposite is true also, sometimes you make a bad decision and wins.