just a reminder??

thee maggot

thee maggot

Total posts
something that happend to me last night i wanted to tell ...its something i dont think is talked enough about...

i was in a tourny last night on bodog the free roll five hundred guarenteed rebuy at 4 am.... well im playing a smokin hot game making great calls and even better laydowns just a good start to a multi table tourny i was confident, built up my chip stack, doubled up a few times and was at around 20,000

at around the two hour mark i got moved to a table with all folks with the same chip stack or higher than me so i figured id play it safe for a few and check the table as i was probly gunna be there a while...

im small blind everyone folds i have pp 2s ..i hate pps so i just limp in... and big blind instantly goes all in ...(has me coverd) over a 1000 dollar pot...??? wtf....?? take it right?? i dont need my blinds that bad lol ...well it pissed me off something ugly im not sure why but it did... so i type in chat "revenge is a meal best served cold" well that was my bad....

cause then he started playing at me hard every chance he got and it knocked me off my game (cause i let it ....) so a bunch of folds later and i catch a nice "suprise suited connector hand" one that if hits you can catch people off guard and take money from them ...and i was itching to get this guy back cause by this time emotion has taken over...

so i push a little and he calls the table folds waiting to see what happens knowing theres a war going on here lol

flop comes three face cards ...now thinking with a mission in mind i tell my self with out thinking that ...."hed call my raise with anything" and pushed all in ..... with nothing ... trying to buy back a few thousand that he bullied from me.... he hit top two pair im drawing dead basicly ive got like a few outs at best but i didnt hit any of them...

we were twenty people out of making money.... and i could have sailed in to the cash with ease had i just not made those few mistakes.... cause thats what it boils down to right there... i made a few mistakes.... and i made them all based on emotion and not fact .... and thats like a nuke going off in the middle of your game when that happens.... BREAKDOWN=

made the mistake of letting emotion cloud my better judgement

made the mistake of holding a grudge at the table..

and letting my NEED for revenge get the better of me...(and 99% of the time i dont do that but i did this time and it cost me) ...so it all comes down to the first rule of poker....LEAVE EMOTION AT THE DOOR....

hope i didnt bore you ..cause this wasnt a story about a huge win or a terrible bad beat but it was a story about an experienced player forgeting a simple rule and bringing down his whole game because of it...hopefully someone reads this and thinks about it the next time somone does something stupid at the table...if not i hope someone will get a laugh out of my stupid errors but either way ..im done rambling now so as always...

...good day...thee maggot...and his dog.....

Last edited:
Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Been there, done that, but it never hurts to be reminded.

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Total posts
Been there too, done that too, ouch too. Thanks for posting the reminder.

C

cepst

Total posts
i feel you, happens to the best

maybe it will happen less and less now. positive baby

Tammy

Tammy

Administrator
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
I just find it refreshing that you didn't start out with, "OMGZEZ, IT'S RIGGEDED!" ;) Glad you could see where you went wrong so that you can avoid it next time.

sweetz

sweetz

Rising Star
Total posts
sounds like you had a tough morning. thats poker though, its always gonna happen here and there - especially online! at least you know you were playing great before that, now you just know better for the next time. good luck!