Just a question for final tables?

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was just thinking to myself, what is it about my play that makes me tight in the early stages of an mtt, and loose in the later stages, once were in the money? The thing is I'm a type of player that can't let go of a suited connected hand for nothing, regardless of a raise (unless i'm short and want to squeeze deeper into the money:D ), but once I get that chip lead it's a rapp! Odly enough I found myself thinking of all the times i've made the 4.40 180 mtt on stars final table, and all those times i've usually had a monster chip leads, yet for some reason or another I don't end up winning, for instance if I make 10 final tables, i'll finsh 3rd4th5th, maybe the occasional 2nd, as chip leader yet wont win, but if I go there as the short stack I'll finish 5th, 6th, or 7th and up! Odd isn't it, I've yet to win those mtts, and regardless of what I tell myself to play or how to play I seem to wander away from my game plan. The point I'm trying to get at is what do you "regulars", in the mtt scene do, and what am I doing wrong? Just last week I remember I made close to all my final tables, and I remember in 4 out lets say 10 of them I had 150k chip lead on 2nd place coming down to 3 ppl left yet, I ended up leaving in 3rd place, I remember one hand and if anyone want proof I could post the hand, but I don't recall blinds but I could post the hands, but I remember, an aggressive player from the button constantly would raise me, and I would pick up my Suited connected 9/10 clubs, and decided this time I was looking him/her up, flop came 10s/js/10 he/she pushed, I called, he flips over a real hand kq suited, and rivers straight I still had enough chips to take it down since I still was in first place, but then both of them just over welmed me, with raises, and pushs. MY question is if your at the final table and your chip leader shouldn't u play like the "Sherif" of the table, policing everyone and just down right Man handling all of them or should u just keep playing your tight game that got you there in the first place?

ty all

Last edited:
KtarzanOB

KtarzanOB

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You never have to do anything in particular at a final table! You do not have to be the table sherrif or you do not have to play tight. Everything you should depend on the situation you are facing. You should be aware of ICM to help make your decisions. STT's maybe a good place for you to improve your end game.

When i am the huge chip leader i look for the lowest risk situations to steal blinds and pick up pots. You do not want to jeoperdise your chip lead in races.
If you posted some of your final table hands and why you did what you did i could anaylize. I get the impression you hate folding :)