***June goals/May results***

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Goal : Get my shit together and move into my new house.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Zach,

I love the goals you set ... except the $/100.

YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THOSE NUMBERS, ONLY ON THE PREPARATION AND DECISIONS THAT WILL RAISE YOUR % TO ACHIEVE THOSE NUMBERS!!!

I can't stress, enough, how important it is to shift your focus from the outcome ($ won, or potentially won over "x" amount of time)... to the process (everything you can control).

You can't control winning, buddy, so try to stop focusing on it! Keep concentrating on your mental game, as you stated above.

You're on ther right track, for sure! :D

Good luck,
Dayne

Definitely agreed, but if I can play 60k hands my true winrate (as if I played an infinite amount of hands this month) should be close to my monthly winrate. Sure I may have a massive heater or massive cooler which would give me a few tenths of a BB/100 either way, but I guess what I mean is that it's my target, and I can usually tell if I'm on a heater/cooler, so you're right I can't control my winnings, but at the same time I am trying to make money. I guess what my goal should have said was:

"play well enough to sustain a 1.5 PTBB/100 winrate over the long run". That's just not a measurable goal. But you are right of course, and I'm never making money goals in the short run. But assuming I'm playing wining poker, the more hands I play, the more likely it is that I win at my winrate.