****Juggernaut June Poker Chat Thread******

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No.

Seriously, I almost never watch / follow poker pros or big tourneys. I haven't watched a WSOP broadcast since Moneymaker won.

Me either. It's all hype, advertising and 'editted for content' TV.

All geared to sucking in the fishies and adv $$$. But that's OK, while they're watching the shows and depositing, I'm on the tables playing and collecting ... :D

This is no fun without an indignant 'merican.

I'm one ... me, me, me ... :wavey:

But then, not to worry. I don't even have enough points to make a pentagram ... :rofl: :rofl:

Nice brag Rex, congrats ... :congrats:

Last edited:
roundcat

roundcat

Creature of leisure
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night I had my biggest losing session ever, down 4 buyins. I kept running into sets, my sets and flushes were beaten by full houses and quads.

I suppose it's normal to question my whole poker world after a bad session like that?

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night I had my biggest losing session ever, down 4 buyins. I kept running into sets, my sets and flushes were beaten by full houses and quads.

I suppose it's normal to question my whole poker world after a bad session like that?

Know the feeling. Having a run like that at my last 4 live tourneys.

I KNOW ... live poker is RIGGED ... :eek: .. and I gotz da prufs ... :rolleyes:

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It's quite normal but it doesn't have to be.

Sessions don't really mean anything. Nor do weeks, months, years, or any arbitrary time frame you set in your mind. You had a terrific month last month and you've started out horribly this month and both of those facts mean exactly nothing. The only thing you can do is make the best play you know on the hand you are currently playing. If you do that, in conjunction with continually working to improve your game, you will win more than you lose and you won't worry yourself to death over a few losing hands in a row.

When you review those hands, focus on your play not the results. If the play was right the results will take care of themselves over time (just maybe not over the time frame you'd like).

roundcat

roundcat

Creature of leisure
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sessions don't really mean anything. Nor do weeks, months, years, or any arbitrary time frame you set in your mind. You had a terrific month last month and you've started out horribly this month and both of those facts mean exactly nothing. The only thing you can do is make the best play you know on the hand you are currently playing. If you do that, in conjunction with continually working to improve your game, you will win more than you lose and you won't worry yourself to death over a few losing hands in a row.

When you review those hands, focus on your play not the results. If the play was right the results will take care of themselves over time (just maybe not over the time frame you'd like).

Logically I know this, but emotionally it's like, "Crap, I just lost two hundred bucks!"

I've reviewed all the big crash and burn hands and don't see where I played badly on any except one (got carried away with top pair), and a couple of spots when I could have saved a few dollars with preflop or flop decisions.

I just got so spoiled by the fantastic May, and would like it if poker were an up-only money farm. :) Heh. :p

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Logically I know this, but emotionally it's like, "Crap, I just lost two hundred bucks!"

I've reviewed all the big crash and burn hands and don't see where I played badly on any except one (got carried away with top pair), and a couple of spots when I could have saved a few dollars with preflop or flop decisions.

I just got so spoiled by the fantastic May, and would like it if poker were an up-only money farm. :) Heh. :p

Are you keeping track of win/losses during a session? If so STOP!

eagle jim

eagle jim

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WV and everyone else. We all say (and I am in agreement) don't keep track of winnings/losses in a session. How in the crap do you play and not have an idea of how you are running. It does not take a genius to know about where you stand in a session even with everything turned off....or maybe its because I am either 4 or 5 tabling at the moment. Any suggestions to help me hide my results from myself?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just trying to find out what the latest stable one is, just accidentally installed the discontinued omaha version, ****ed everything up.

I believe it's 1.08b22 fwiw

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just trying to find out what the latest stable one is, just accidentally installed the discontinued omaha version, ****ed everything up.

I believe it's 1.08b22 fwiw

I don't think there is a latest beta. I think the current release version is the newest thing available.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WV and everyone else. We all say (and I am in agreement) don't keep track of winnings/losses in a session. How in the crap do you play and not have an idea of how you are running. It does not take a genius to know about where you stand in a session even with everything turned off....or maybe its because I am either 4 or 5 tabling at the moment. Any suggestions to help me hide my results from myself?

Having an idea is fine. Trying to win back $237.67 before you call it a night is not, imo. I only play 8 tables and I generally know if I'm up or down (especially down) but when I'm playing my best I often surprise myself. I might think I won a BI but I really won 2 or w/e. Generally whenever I start thinking about how much I have won/lost I know I need to quit playing because I'm not longer capable of playing my best.

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wee stacked a 10/9/2 nit reg!

--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------

poker stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

CO: $44.95 (179.8 bb)
BTN: $26.20 (104.8 bb)
SB: $25 (100 bb)
BB: $24.65 (98.6 bb)
Hero (UTG): $31.80 (127.2 bb)
MP: $32.90 (131.6 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is UTG with 8
heart.gif
spade.gif

Hero raises to $1, 4 folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) K
club.gif
diamond.gif
club.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.10) 2
heart.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $4.50, BB calls $4.50

River: ($14.10) 3
diamond.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $18, BB calls $17.65 and is all-in

Results: $49.40 pot ($2.40 rake)
Hero showed 8
heart.gif
spade.gif
(three of a kind, Eights) and won $47 ($22.35 net)
BB mucked T
heart.gif
K
spade.gif
(a pair of Kings) and lost (-$24.65 net)

and a fish setmines in a 3bet pot...only to get a set lower than mine!
--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

CO: $34.95 (139.8 bb)
Hero (BTN): $25 (100 bb)
SB: $35.90 (143.6 bb)
BB: $14.50 (58 bb)
UTG: $45.70 (182.8 bb)
MP: $27 (108 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BTN with T
spade.gif
T
diamond.gif

UTG folds, MP raises to $0.75, CO folds, Hero raises to $2.75, 2 folds, MP calls $2

Flop: ($5.85) 5
diamond.gif
T
heart.gif
diamond.gif
(2 players)
MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($5.85) 3
heart.gif
(2 players)
MP bets $3.75, Hero raises to $11, MP raises to $24.25 and is all-in, Hero calls $11.25 and is all-in

River: ($50.35) J
heart.gif
(2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results: $50.35 pot ($2.50 rake)
MP showed 5
spade.gif
heart.gif
(three of a kind, Fives) and lost (-$25 net)
Hero showed T
spade.gif
T
diamond.gif
(three of a kind, Tens) and won $47.85 ($22.85 net)

Good start to the month IMO...

eagle jim

eagle jim

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok makes sense,,,thought maybe you guys had some ninja mind cloaking training that made you oblivious to your results.

Nice hands Delta

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone know what was done with the 2 updates on PS today ?

BTW: the new TableNinja update is so sweet !
Hotkeys for getting on waitinglists, closing down tables, slightly improved interface and a whole new menu thing to open SNGs.

It is really such a joy to have it :D

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone know what was done with the 2 updates on PS today ?

BTW: the new TableNinja update is so sweet !
Hotkeys for getting on waitinglists, closing down tables, slightly improved interface and a whole new menu thing to open SNGs.

It is really such a joy to have it :D

Have you bought it yet? I think im going to, gonna dl the new HEM and TN now!

eagle jim

eagle jim

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is the table ninja still in free beta or do I gotta part with some cash?

(note to self don't open a table at 200/400 limit with table ninja running......scared me silly)

eagle jim

eagle jim

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are you not betting this flop...with the straight/flush draws don't we need to be betting this?

spade.gif
T
diamond.gif

UTG folds, MP raises to $0.75, CO folds, Hero raises to $2.75, 2 folds, MP calls $2

diamond.gif
T
heart.gif
diamond.gif
(2 players)
MP checks, Hero checks

heart.gif
(2 players)
MP bets $3.75, Hero raises to $11, MP raises to $24.25 and is all-in, Hero calls $11.25 and is all-in

heart.gif

MP showed 5
spade.gif
heart.gif
Hero showed T
spade.gif
T
diamond.gif

Good start to the month IMO...[/quote]

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I bought it. Its $35 and well worth it imo.
Free beta is over.

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is the table ninja still in free beta or do I gotta part with some cash?

(note to self don't open a table at 200/400 limit with table ninja running......scared me silly)

Its got a trial period on it but you have to buy after that.

Why are you not betting this flop...with the straight/flush draws don't we need to be betting this?

spade.gif
T
diamond.gif

diamond.gif
T
heart.gif
diamond.gif
(2 players)
MP checks, Hero checks

heart.gif
(2 players)

heart.gif

MP showed 5
spade.gif
heart.gif
Hero showed T
spade.gif
T
diamond.gif

Good start to the month IMO...
[/QUOTE]

Because alot of his range (only had like 20 hands at the time, didnt realize how big a fish he was) is overcards or overpairs, i have the deck crush vs his range unless he flopped a flush draw, but thats kinda hard to do in holdem.

when the gutshot rolls for any A that changes the game. I only needed two streets to get his stack though, so checking isnt an issue i think.

eagle jim

eagle jim

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I really like it.......sounds like the new features are great....oh well its ONLY money!