Jblocher1's pay it forward holiday giveaway!

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody! For those who do not know me, my name is Jordan Blocher and I have been a member of Cardschat for many years now, though I have not been very active posting on here as of late. I have had a pretty good degree of success in the American online poker scene as well as in the live poker scene. A few years ago I was playing 5NL on ignition and 10NL on Carbon and today I am playing 500NL and 1000N on igniton. I am very cognizant of the fact that I would have none of that success if it were not for this forum and the people I have met here that influenced me along my poker journey. So in the name of the holiday season I like to give back however I can. I want to mentor a player who is trying to find their way in the game. To clarify, I am not a professional poker player by any means. I am a full time college student that plays poker part-time. I have recently transitioned this year to playing exclusively cash games and have 85k profit or so playing 1-2 to 5-10

I would like to give away 5 hours of private coaching work to one member of this forum who comments in this thread. On New Years day I will pick one member who comments with the following information:

1. Do you play cash games? If so, where do you play them online and at what stakes?

2. Why do you feel you need the coaching and how would being mentored improve your situation in poker or in life? Ideally, I would like to work with someone who is struggling at the games they are playing, regardless of the stakes.

3. Attach results graph if you have them or give an honest reflection of your win rate/loss rate at the games you are playing

4. Tell me a cool story about why I should pick you! Differentiate yourself!

The 5 hours of coaching is a starting point. I intend to be a contact for whoever I pick for as long as they are interested in my help. I have worked with several members of the forum in a coaching capacity, who I hope would speak highly of me. I want to make a difference for someone. If this is successful I intend to offer it every year around the holidays as long as I stay active in the game. Do not be afraid to put yourself out there even if you are towards the beginning of your poker journey. I feel confident that I can help just about anyone who wants to improve. I will likely prioritize members who have been around the forums for a while but if a newer person is especially compelling I may pick them so come one come all! Cheers everyone, I hope you all had a nice holiday and I'll see you right back here on January 1st!

Last edited by a moderator:
Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Awesome opportunity for whomever you choose Jordan.

It's members like you that make CardsChat such a great site.

Very generous offer mate, I will point a couple of people your way.

:top:

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been wanting to start grinding cash tables for a while but didn't want to move to fast & have built a few rolls a different sites so just recently started playing cash games at ignition it's the cash room i prefer but not crazy about anonymity of players.

I just started learning poker oct 2018 and mostly played micro level mtt's at bol sb n intertops. Lost a few bucks learning from scratch the first few months but thanks to cc with all the info available and playing in the league i was able to improve my game immensely implementing small ball, c-bet, bank management ect.. and became an even to slightly profitable player if you discount the learning losses in those first few months.

Been doing extremely well of recent even climbing my way to 19th in pts on the cc freeroll leader board for the entire year to date and i've only been playing poker for about a year. Even managed a cc league team and cashed out in 4th place. I've really been wanting and needing something like this i think i've made great progress in the short time i've been playing while being completely self taught. I believe with the help and guidance of an experienced player my skill could grow at an exponential rate. I've actually been posting asking for guidance on playing in cash rooms that are available to u.s players.

Just been playing 5NL to start since i don't have alot of experience in cash rooms especially online. Want to move up stakes where there is not constant 3b with trash but want to make sure i don't get ahead of myself and jeopardize the progress i have made so far. In the few thousand cash hands i've played thus far 10bb/100 so small profit. But i am a fast learner and improving daily. Working from my computer at home allows me ample time to study practice and play as much as i want without burning myself out witch can have negative effects on my game so try to not overdue it so i can soak it all in.

just hit a ft at sb as i type.

I know i'm probably a bit more of newb than you were looking for but i am on the rise and with your mentoring i could definitely be a very good player in a much shorter time than if i keep using trial and error method. If i could ever reach the level on my own that your guidance could help me ascend to. I am an easy going astute attentive student. I graduated from The Ohio State business school Magna cum laude in 04. Hope this finds you well and look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:
Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bump. Not going to lie I thought there would be more interest in something like this.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bump. Not going to lie I thought there would be more interest in something like this.
just b/c they are not smart enough to take advantage of good offer don't discount those who do. I have been trying my hand at cash tables here are a few posts from a thread i started. To be honest there are some losses i did not post from other sites like sb n ignition but thought it too much to post 4-5 sites as i'm just trying them all to see the differences. Although this was a good run i'm far from a profitable player.

enclosed in red are ones i did not cash out.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

well i took a beating this morning busted 4 tables in a row at $5 a buy in. One hand i had AK - flop is AXX - i bet $1, they shove no str8 or flush yet possible so i call, they show AQ - q on the river. Next I have 77 - flop is 7tt i check n they shove i giggle n call they show TK - K hits river. Last time I have AA pre I bet $1 flop is Q89. I bet another dollar, They shove and I call they show QK - K hits river. I don't even recall the other time and global doesn't let me pull up hand history for a day or so, the latest i can look at is yesterday's. Each time i was up $2-$4 when i got sucked out. Really took the wind out of my sail. Might take a minute and rethink my strategy. I guess i should have folded ak n aa idk but no way i fold boat on flop.Might not be back in cash room for a day or so and if and when i do won't be global gonna give them a rest while i'm still ahead.Not saying I'm finished there just try out some other rooms b/c I'll be scared to play anything there after all that and can't win scared. I'll keep posting all cash room games.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Maybe offering $20 with this offer many atheists would say mass to get this training lol,;)
Market is seriously saturated with free content and pay me and I will teach you type poker coaches. :eek:
Although it is better to teach somebody how to fish instead of giving them a fish for supper,
You are up against the can not teach an old dog a new trick mentality maybe.:)
Subscribed anyway good luck and happy new year.:top:
not-that-old-excuse

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Jordan,very nice of you to offer this help.
I have been playing tournaments online for around 8 years mainly micro stakes due to very limited budget and the thrill of turning nothing into something.
Ive known for a long time i need structure,and probably self discipline above all.
Have tried transitioning to cash tables and usually start out well but find it hard to stay interested,keep the right mindset.I get loose too easily when i start losing interest but with just a little guidance/structure and someone to impress i think i could pull it all together quite well.
My stats are quite shocking as i play too much as a passtime but when im in serious mode i can string the final tables together quite well.
Ive never studied at all,never been one for reading a lot,but im happy enough with my game to know i should be able to make an income from it with discipline and the right betting structure or BRM.
Best cash so far is 36th in the Hi5 main event at ACR (braindamageoy) for $2324USD which i stepped up to from a freebuy,to a $44 ticket,to the $450 entry,
Likewise with my second best cash and best 1st place which was a 7.5k bounty builder at stars with around 2800 entrants which i stepped up to from a 40c freeroll win to enter the 33c sat to gain entry.
Also made it to the $630 step6/6 venom sat in 1 day and 1 morning tournament but the wheels fell off on the final stage,so i think its fair to say i have enough talent to make a good go of it.
I really enjoy PLO cash games and my first ever cashout was from a $8 buy-in PLO table at 12/25c blinds which i turned into over $200.
I know i should be able to do it myself and have no idea why i cant stick it out other than the fact that mindset is everything and that may well be my biggest problem.
I had to really think about it before applying so as not to waste your time and energy,so thought i would let you know where i am in my poker career as such,and let you decide if i would be the type of person you could help.
Not to make excuses but i got a puppy right when i had the big win i had been striving for and it shattered my game for a while,i finally got to play at bigger stakes and was doing well with a good ITM rate but wasnt finishing well due to interference and lack of proper concentration due to the pup so it was really gutting to be honest.
I need a reason to stay consistent and have been wanting to make the transition to cash tables,so if you choose to be that reason I can guarantee you a super solid effort and am more than confident in my ability,you could well be exactly what i need right now so feel free to ask for any info you might require if interested.
Best stats would be braindamageoy at ACR where i believe im actually still in profit about 1k,lol its been a long micro grind i can tell you.I seem to get the best run there or at partypoker (WeeTbixlifTer) and same name at Natural8 where i also enjoy playing.
Also the novelty has finally worn off enough that i can walk away from it now n then where as i was playing far too much for a long time,so the timing is perfect in that respect.
In any case i wish you a happy healthy and prosperous New Year,huge respect for your offer
WeeTbixliFter http://www.officialpokerrankings.co...lts/2B1512F83F964C4994C7FEFADB8C7C77.html?t=2

Last edited:
Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know how many would opt for your coaching but this world is full of this type content. I wish you a good luck.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happy New Years everyone! Going to pick tw082 since he seems really invested so PM me tw and we can start working on some stuff!

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happy New Years everyone! Going to pick tw082 since he seems really invested so PM me tw and we can start working on some stuff!
Excellent choice,seems very worthy of your time.
As i stated I should be able to do it myself by now,could not resist the chance of the solid input but was in two minds about it also.
Wishing you both more success and of course a very happy new year :)

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice to see you've been so successful. Congrats to your winner!

freeringo

freeringo

2019-20-21 League Champs
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I wish you had given us more time to participate :( I just found this thread