Chips
i never thought about it that way

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm confused. Can someone explain in more detail plz?

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm confused. Can someone explain in more detail plz?

You should read up on Bunny Flop Poker, not until you have mastered that theorem can you begin to tackle this problem.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dream flop, then ... Raising river might have been a bit of spew here. Still up 3 buy-ins for the day so far, so no big deal, i guess :D

Pre-Flop: Hero is MP2 with 6
diamond.gif
spade.gif

2 folds, Hero raises to $3.50, 3 folds, SB calls $3, BB folds

Flop: ($8) 6
club.gif
Q
spade.gif
Q
heart.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $5, SB calls $5

Turn: ($18) K
heart.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $13, SB calls $13

River: ($44) 7
heart.gif
(2 players)
SB bets $30, Hero raises to $78.50 and is all-in, SB calls $48.50

Results: $201 pot ($3 rake)
Hero showed 6
diamond.gif
spade.gif
(a full house, Sixes full of Queens) and lost (-$100 net)
SB showed K
diamond.gif
Q
diamond.gif
(a full house, Queens full of Kings) and won $198 ($98 net)

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10th

This week has been good :) finally understood some concepts and as a result my playing of the turn with draws has been transformed.

Engage doomswitch..

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fwiw, I like your play throughout the entire hand, Belgo.

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:eek:

Seat 5 is the button
Seat 1: Maximilian91 ( $28.15 USD )
Seat 2: brebiou ( $25.70 USD )
Seat 3: ACES_J0E#2 ( $26.45 USD )
Seat 4: NorthPaddler ( $31.00 USD )
Seat 5: muck__you123 ( $32.50 USD )
Seat 6: Boef666 ( $14.25 USD )
Boef666 posts small blind [$0.10 USD].
Maximilian91 posts big blind [$0.25 USD].
NorthPaddler posts big blind [$0.35 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to muck__you123 [ Ac Qc ]
brebiou folds
ACES_J0E#2 folds
NorthPaddler checks
muck__you123 raises [$1.35 USD]
Boef666 folds
Maximilian91 folds
NorthPaddler calls [$1.10 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Kc, Jd, Th ]
NorthPaddler bets [$1.00 USD]
muck__you123 raises [$3.50 USD]
NorthPaddler calls [$2.50 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 3d ]
NorthPaddler bets [$5.00 USD]
muck__you123 raises [$27.65 USD]
NorthPaddler calls [$21.05 USD]
** Dealing River ** [ 3h ]
NorthPaddler shows [2d, 9d ]
muck__you123 shows [Ac, Qc ]
muck__you123 wins $59.25 USD from main pot
muck__you123 wins $1.60 USD from main pot

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your not in a premium hand
you should have not been messin around wit that small bet if you geta raise get out you are still playin 4-10
what is on the board is also on the board for him

you should write a book

no wait, i meant read. you should read a book

combu, you just moved to number 3 spot for me of best quotable posts. Behind Rex and FP.

:D :)

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About 1400 hands, $7.08 in profits or 12.90/100. Stats so far: 15/9/4.4 ...Pretty insignificant since its for such a small amount of hands, but I dont like how low my PFR is. I want to get somewhere around 15/12 - 17/13 or higher; I want 'aggressive reg' stats by the time i hit 25K hands.

For 2nl full ring I think 15/9 is perfectly fine. In fact I think it will work better than a 17/13 style at this limit, at least it did for me IMO

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I iz awesome at da pokaz:

Pt25nl6mx
25nl 6max

Seriously, how is it possible to lose at this level when I'm playing 18.27/12.98/2.91-- wtf, too loose?

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously, how is it possible to lose at this level when I'm playing 18.27/12.98/2.91-- wtf, too loose?

What is this 18.27-12.98 = 5.29% of hands that you limp or flat? You really shouldn't use the call button that much. :D Also, attempt to steal is really low.

EDIT: And you need to learn how to run good. 4BB/100 below EV is brutal.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definitely not loose for 6max. too tight if anything. definitely not a big enough sample to draw any conclusive opinions about your results, but it's enough to solidify your actual tendencies

your attempt to steal blinds should be much higher. i'm pretty confident that over 35% is optimal. mine is usually 40+. attack more from the btn and co imo. playing raised pots in position vs. tards is nice and a lot of times you'll take it down uncontested preflop

i also think you're defending your BB a bit light. defending a quarter of the time is just too much. you're most likely putting yourself in some situations that are just guaranteed to be unprofitable from the start, out of position with deep stacks without initiative in the hand with something marginal. mess around with your HEM/PT filters and look at how much you're making or losing with certain hands from certain positions

basically be more aggressive in position and tighter out of position. sounds pretty basic i know but i think that'd fix a lot. still those aren't even huge leaks compared to what you'll come across. i'd guess you're running on the bad side situationally as well? gl, turn it around

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good lord... a guy makes a fairly decent point (if a little badly typed) about being careful when your rags hook up somewhat on the flop from a BB special and the whole damn lot of you tear him to shreds.

FWIW I think he makes a good point.

If you get in a pot with T4o and make trips against someone who hangs in with you you have to consider the fact that not only do you have a crappy kicker, but you might be up against someone with a made hand that might even impove.

Sure it was a lame break for the shrog, and i might have called there too. But the advice was right and this wasn't a bad beat.

Anyway... if you're gonna treat the new member like shit, then go ahead a badmouth me too, because I think he was right...

Over and out for January....

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your attempt to steal blinds should be much higher. i'm pretty confident that over 35% is optimal. mine is usually 40+.

I'm pretty sure i've watched stoxpoker coaches who believe 99% would still be too tight from the BTN. :D

Actually, while it's certainly -EV against competent players, it's a very good exercise to open 100% from BTN and see where it leads you. And as long as they don't start 3betting you light, it's such a pleasure to play so many hands in position.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in what universe is what he wrote a decent point? it was incoherent and there was no point. at what juncture in the hand did the shrog "mess around" with a little bet? he bet almost pot and then slightly over pot where he'll be getting looked up by tons of worse hands. villain started the hand with $1.95 for christ's sake! 1/5th of a stack. the hand plays itself and it was a bad, empty post on his climb to reach 50 or whatever the requirement is

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure it was a lame break for the shrog, and i might have called there too. But the advice was right and this wasn't a bad beat.

Anyway... if you're gonna treat the new member like shit, then go ahead a badmouth me too, because I think he was right...

I was only humoring the fact that shortstacks seem imposssssssible to beat. I was in the BB, saw a free flop and turn, and 2-outer comes. It wasn't a BBV, more light humor for this particular thread.