Is it possible to turn $ 50 into 500 dollars in 1 month?

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my point of view, it is possible only while taking a great deal more risk than is considered normal.

Terrell423

Terrell423

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I turned 25 dollars to 14000. I play on bet online. I came 6 place in New player freeroll and won 400 and than I played In the 50000 tournament and won the whole thing.. which that was 13700

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Possible...but to repeat it every month is unreal.

zviko

zviko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe anything in life is possible. Set a plan that's realistic and things might just go your way. Have your limits and be disciplined.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes absolutely ofcourse it's possible in a very good month.But10bb/100 is a very good win rate for 5nl "not the best" but still extremely good.So if you play 40k hands per month at 10bb/100 it's $200 and with a good rakeback deal you can get $250.Which would be a far better estimate of win rates. I only 3/4 table and i know 40k hands per month is very achievable and so is a 10bb/100 win rate at the lower stakes.I do get a 55% rakeback deal on the site i play as'well which at the micros i consider pretty invaluable.

sinatruces

sinatruces

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you must be lucky and maybe playing risky for doing that.

ratmantoo

ratmantoo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is possible. However the more appropriate question is 'can I do it?'.

Do you believe you can make $1 million starting with nothing, starting with freerolls only?
How about winning a 180 man SNG with out checking your cards?

It has already been done!

https://www.pokerlistings.com/online-poker-s-greatest-challenges-pt-2-jesus-turns-0-into-10k

Scary isn't it? I doubt many if us would realistically be placing ourselves in the same class as Chris Ferguson , Bertrand "ElkY" Grospellier and Annette Obrestad (except maybe Zorba :D)

N

nmate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course. but using proper br management it would be tough.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Perhaps but will have play far more than 25 tournaments in day) and this depends on what tournaments on structure you will play and how quickly in them will undergo registration. And of course your knowledge and time that you are willing to give.

Ruminate

Ruminate

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's possible, just not probable. I've turned a $2 buy in MTT into nearly $900, but I couldn't tell you how many $25-$50 deposits I lost before that. If it's disposable income then sure. take some shots but if that's your only poker bankroll right now then you want to preserve it...stick to the micros (NL2) until you've got some momentum.

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like they said, its possible with some luck... because the regular bankroll manangement to $50 would be sit and go of $1, and to arrive the $500 playing just 750 tournaments, you will need a 66% ROI, that is impossible in the long run.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course can be turn 50 in 500 much and for less time but then these 500 can be turn in 0 as I have often the case.:eek:

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is possible. Are you SnG or Cash game or Tournament? Unlikely Cash game.
Tournament is only 1$ or 2$, If you won 1-5 then yes
My guess is SnG. 1$-3$ max for starters and do it for grind. Good luck sir!
:D

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Spin this one on its head. What is the possibility of turning $500 into $50 in one month?

What do you consider is a decent rate of pay for your efforts per hour and factor that in.
What is your opportunity cost (what else could increase your bankroll ten fold)?
Finally, which risk/reward path are you seeking to traverse? Conservative or reckless? Unless you have actual stats that proves you can consistently generate a positive expectation then your project may be on thin ice from the get-go. Using the ice analogy, make sure you can hold your breath if you fall through and are strong enough to get back on the surface. You will make mistakes, just survive them.

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man, I have turned $1 into $800 in 2 days of playing poker. The old saying goes you have to play your cards right.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think if it is possible but it depends on the skills of each player and hopefully once into a table cash with $ 5 and I went out with $ 60 in just over an hour but is influenced by several factors skill, luck, bad opponents, your opponents crazy bets

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very doable i think i'd focus on sit&go 18, 28 45 players

A

andrewallenschutter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's definitely possible. Stick to a strict bankroll management.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I am convinced that this is possible!
My friend has been playing poker for about 10 years.
He plays only in MTT poker tournaments at PokerStar and 888.
His average monthly income from the game is 700 - 1000 dollars. I personally am convinced that thanks to poker, I can get a good income but need to work hard.

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure is!turned 33c into $2000 in 18 hrs playing poker.:rolleyes:

P

PSSucks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was curious to hear of people doing this, and especially if anybody does it with with regularity, but I don't think anyone can do that consistently. As one member said after claiming great success beginning with a mere $20, it takes knowledge and luck. I think the truest part of what's said there is the part about LUCK...a whole lot of luck.

FerC182

FerC182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys
I would like to know if playing a consistent poker, 20 or 25 tournaments per day, inside the bank, if it is possible to turn 50 dollars into 500 in a period of 1 month playing sit go?

I think you can do it, it will depend on your focus, concentration and responsibility, do not make the same that I spent $ 500 a month, and I managed to clear my bank:(

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are going to have to put yourself in MTT structures or small guarantee 45 to 180 man MTTs.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure it is possible. But, setting a short term goal of 10 days would probably lead to some risky gambling moves, whereas setting a long term goal for the year would lead to less risky moves, thus maintaining a tighter game long term. So, short term requires more luck, and long term requires more skill.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have converted $ 12 to $ 105 in a day, of course it is possible depending on what you play, in my case play pure spin and go max