is it possible to make a living long term from online poker in the future?

sam1chips

sam1chips

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But, yes, occasionally (perhaps once in a MTT) I absolutely know what will drop and I've rarely been wrong (I can remember only one occasion). I do not multi-table so I watch every hand,

Is it possible that you have selective memory?

Example: you see a flop of :ad4: :6h4: :9h4: and you say "I think the turn is gonna be a heart". Is it possible that you will remember more if the turn is a heart, than if a turn is not a heart?

It might be a good idea to try to guess what the next cards is going to be a ton of times (like, 500 or 1000 times to start), write down on a piece of paper what you think the river card is gonna be BEFORE IT IS DEALT, and then write the result.

If it's true that you have some future-predicting powers, I would love to get the powerball numbers :)

M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Sorry, but predicting the next card correctly perhaps once in 3000 hands, when I am not necessarily playing, doesn't win lots of money!
I could, however, guarantee to correctly predict the next card one time in 52, if that will help.

S

SnizzleKicker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pfffft i must be missing sumthing but if your good enough you,ll make money if youre not you won,t simple.For me to make money i have to have a better game than the players i,m playing against week in week out. Top pro,s in any game have to do the same. The standard of poker is higher now than it ever was i don,t think any site rigs anything. I think the bubble is bursting for your mates because players are getting better but i don,t think its gonnae burst anytime soon ha ha

nitulbhatia

nitulbhatia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is possible if u bink a few big tournaments. The top players in poker sometimes make millions of dollars mostly off live tournaments. So yes it is possible to make a living playing poker. Its not an easy ride though.

Y

Yadoula

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive made £50 an hr from poker over the last three years, totalling close to $200,000... I'm not even that good, only read about two poker books.. To make a living from playing football you need to dedicate your life from childhood too it. Poker is, and will be for a long time, the easiest sport to make a living in.

D

dasher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luke - Nothing you've said has any value unless you can back it up with hard data. Not what you remember, not what you think, but real numbers. You need one of the many programs that tracks your hands and after 10-20k plus hands, you can see what actually happened. Get the truth. Check out reality and not your perceptions.

The mind will play tricks. You don't remember the usual, you remember the unusual. You don't remember good luck as much as bad luck. This is true for everyone, yes even you. So get the facts before you make theories.

G

GSPchamp315

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anything is possible but I wouldn't rely on it. I just play for fun and if one day I start for some reason making tons of money off of it I definitely wouldn't mind becoming poker pro or something :)

K

Kibic1302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion impossible to make a living from poker, but you have to have a large financial contribution to the game and spend the day as much as a regular job, and even more.

akaRobbo

akaRobbo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion impossible to make a living from poker, but you have to have a large financial contribution to the game and spend the day as much as a regular job, and even more.

So you say its impossible, but if you're prepared to contribute a good amount of money and time into it, you potentially can? What a ridiculous post, I assume you're a losing player?

If you love poker, why wouldn't you rather spend more time/money contributing to a game that you enjoy playing, if it meant you could make in the region of a decent living, as apposed to working in an office 40 hours a week?

If you take the game seriously, you can only improve, if you can only improve then your career can potentially go anywhere if you're focused and driven, no?

You seriously shouldn't be playing poker if you believe its impossible to make a living off it, you're basically limiting your own potential.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Ive made £50 an hr from poker over the last three years, totalling close to $200,000... I'm not even that good, only read about two poker books.. To make a living from playing football you need to dedicate your life from childhood too it. Poker is, and will be for a long time, the easiest sport to make a living in.

Really, can you provide some kind of proof, it's easy to say you have won that much in 3 years, but hard for ppl to believe, especially since you say you aren't that good.

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if u see 1.5$ sng grinders,i think they do that just to grow br and than play bigger sng... I dont think there are people that play 1.5$ sng for living...
I live in eastern europe and avarage wage here is like 500$-600$
So thats a lot of grinding of 1.5$ sng

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really, can you provide some kind of proof, it's easy to say you have won that much in 3 years, but hard for ppl to believe, especially since you say you aren't that good.

Yes would love to see some proof