Is it me or a bunch of donks in NL.01/.02

M

MIKECRUMBS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Donks in any limit

theres going to be donks in any limit there just bigger bank roll donks. listen that happens to me all the time and i cant get a break. i will start with 100 dollars make it between 800 to 1000 and than i cant win a hand to save my life. i will be in a tourny and i will play like i always do but every single pot i will be the 80% favorite or better and lose the hand to a 4 card flush a river three of a kind a belly buster or i will go all in before the flop with AA KK QQ AK ect.. and i will get 3 callers and the closest hand to mine is a Q 6 off and they will flop will come QQQ every time. ITS SICK

M

MIKECRUMBS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gdrileiyx

90% of the people that you play on the online sites have no idea what position play is and if they do they pay no attention to it.

D

dillingerdis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your pretty much looking at the smallest limit outside of play chips, of course there will be donks. Cant really blame yourself for that one unless you yourself donk off your money. My advice would be: play aggressive but not in stupid situations. If there isnt to much money in the pot there is no need to bluff at it, especially in these limits where youll get a call damn near everytime anyway. Limp with more reasonable hands: suited connectors, low PP, and just hope you hit something. If not, be willing to throw the hand away.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're awful smug. For somebody who started with infinitely more money than I did, since I started with nothing. I've turned a $3 freeroll win into $30 in three months, which puts me slightly ahead of your pace. You multiplied your bankroll by 6x in two months, and I multiplied mine by 10x in three months.

hem, no. 10x in three months means 2.15x every month and 4.64x over two months using a geometric progression.

if you prefer an arithmetic progression, you should consider he won $250 over three months and you a mere $27 over two month. Once again you're behind.

BTW, when i started playing, I turned $0.47 into more than $50 in a single month. :D

There are lots of ways to play poker, and the only wrong way is to never bluff. I have never seen one book that said not to bluff. Nor have I ever seen a golf-instruction book that said to learn to swing a club with one hand.

Gordon, you got to stop picking up fights you're bound to lose. C9 is most certainly not against bluffing. He's beating 100nl now and by the hands he posts in the HA section, he's probably one of the most aggressive players on this forum. But that would be a terrible way to play at 2nl, and he knows it. You don't. Which explains why you're still playing super micro stakes while he moved up to 100nl.

Try using these forums to get advice and hopefully to improve your game. Giving bad advice yourself is really not that helpful...

A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
^^^ What Belgo said... I was just about to make a very similar post.

C9 makes some very good points, one would do well to go back and read them again.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You see players with 6.00 to 10.00 bucks at .01/.02 2nl tables??? That is coz there tight players, and you may see them at more then one table and there pros at that level.. thought even tho they are there i will still go after them...

Read up on some of what is on CC.... Donks may get some luck here and there but in the end the big hands count.. Thought you don't here my saying how 3 fish hit a str8 and flush when i had trips, coz i know some of it was my bad.

X

xCipx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what do u mean are there donks in one penny, two penny no limit holdem hahahah. people could care less if they call 7 2 offsuit for like a dime raise, when your playing with pocket change your going to get the most donks with the exception of freerolls and play chips

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Never bluff" is a pretty strong phrase. But I WOULD say that a good player should very, very rarely bluff at 2NL. And the only time a good player could bluff at 2NL is if they find another "good player". The fact that there are so many bad players at 2NL makes finding a good player equal to finding a needle in a haystack. Usually the reason why they are at 2NL is because they are bad. And bad players don't fold to bluffs. Period.

IMO, 2NL is all about the showdown and the key to beating 2NL is to win at showdown. Figuring out who you can call down with 2nd pair, etc. (hero call) and who will call all-in PF with crap is what will rocket a good player from the micros to the small stakes quickly.

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as you are sure that you have got the best hand then in the long run you will come out on top. I appreciate your frustration. There is nothing worse than betting strong with a good hand, especially once the flop is on the table, to then get hit with a flush or straight where the other guy needed both the turn and the river. You need to trust your game and know that over a long period the favorite will always come out on top.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will post a hand just to show how "donks" make you money even in limit, it shows even someone with 10.00 bucks vs me with way less can chase hands and miss....

Holdem Normal $0.02/$0.04 - 2009-03-13 05:18:38 (ET)
Table: CHRISTINE AVE (real money) Seat #2 is the dealer
Seat 2 - ATSOK ($0.34 in chips)
Seat 3 - KIDKVNO1 ($0.81 in chips)
Seat 4 - JEROMY214 ($10 in chips)
KIDKVNO1 - Posts small blind $0.01
JEROMY214 - Posts big blind $0.02
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to KIDKVNO1 [Qc 9s]
ATSOK - Folds
KIDKVNO1 - Calls $0.01
JEROMY214 - Raises $0.02 to $0.04
KIDKVNO1 - Calls $0.02
*** FLOP *** [Qh Qs Js]
KIDKVNO1 - Checks
JEROMY214 - Bets $0.02
KIDKVNO1 - Raises $0.04 to $0.04
JEROMY214 - Raises $0.04 to $0.06
KIDKVNO1 - Raises $0.04 to $0.08
JEROMY214 - Calls $0.02
*** TURN *** [Qh Qs Js] [Ad]
KIDKVNO1 - Bets $0.04
JEROMY214 - Raises $0.08 to $0.08
KIDKVNO1 - Raises $0.08 to $0.12
JEROMY214 - Calls $0.04
*** RIVER *** [Qh Qs Js Ad] [6h]
KIDKVNO1 - Bets $0.04
JEROMY214 - Raises $0.08 to $0.08
KIDKVNO1 - Raises $0.08 to $0.12
JEROMY214 - Raises $0.08 to $0.16
KIDKVNO1 - Calls $0.04
*** SHOW DOWN ***
JEROMY214 - Shows [Kh Jh] (Two Pair, queens and jacks)
KIDKVNO1 - Shows [Qc 9s] (Three of a kind, queens)
KIDKVNO1 Collects $0.72 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($0.80) | Rake ($0.08)
Board [Qh Qs Js Ad 6h]
Seat 2: ATSOK (dealer) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 3: KIDKVNO1 (small blind) won Total ($0.72) HI:($0.72) with Three of a kind, queens [Qc 9s - B:Qs,B:Qh,P:Qc,B:Ad,B:Js]
Seat 4: JEROMY214 (big blind) HI:lost with Two Pair, queens and jacks [Kh Jh - B:Qs,B:Qh,B:Js,P:Jh,B:Ad]

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all i know is thank god for the low limit donks, I guess they are the freeroll donks who got lucky enough to cash and all the sudden they think they are the best. until you take their measley stack and send them back to the freerolls. BTW there are a lotta donks at the high limit tables too:)